The right laptop for recording?

gamete18

Hello everyone! Hope all is well.

Haven't made a post in awhile but I was wondering if this Gateway laptop im looking at has the requirements to run Pro-Tools.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway...&skuId=9739334&ref=16&loc=02&id=1218164387626 <<<<<< (Copy and Paste)

First off im going to get the M-Audio mic that comes with the streamline version of Pro-Tools. How limited is the streamline version by the way? All im really looking forward to doing is getting a decent software program that runs smoothly for producing drum rhythms, recording guitar, bass, and vocals. And I also want to be able to add in sounds to my recordings. (Violin, harmonica etc.)

If anyone could help me out finding the right laptop (Under $600) for this type of music production it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much everyone! :)

For the price it's a good deal.

Especially if resolution is (1600 x 900). With audio DAW you need a lot of real estate.

I wouldn't carry about CPU / hard drive / RAM (4GB is adequate) at this price range.

Which DAW you are going to use? How many audio tracks?

And most important how many Virtual Instruments and what kind of virtual instruments you are going to use.

It's hard to answer without those variables:

1) DAW
2) Virtual Instruments how many and what kind.
3) how many audio tracks

Is the DAW the software? IF so Pro tools. Maybe 5-10 virtual tracks (drums, harmonica, violin, piano, etc) and maybe top 16 tracks total. Does that help?

Would that Gateway laptop be enough to do what I wanna do? Thanks again

Is the DAW the software? IF so Pro tools. Maybe 5-10 virtual tracks (drums, harmonica, violin, piano, etc) and maybe top 16 tracks total. Does that help?

Would that Gateway laptop be enough to do what I wanna do? Thanks again

I think that laptop will suffice. Though I haven't used Pro Tools it might eat more system resources than Sonar 8.

Back