The question.

ZiggY!

Hi!

im rather new to recording and i want to ask some questions...

im running a Dell p4 computer with XP and cubase SX, i have a MOTU 2408mkIII on its way...

i want to record guitar, bass, drums and vocals.
heres the plan
for guitar ive got an SM-57 on my marshall....

the bass is gunna be done via D.I.

drums... drums... hmmm im thinking a Nady 7 mic kit for under $200US? is that any good? or maybe a CAD 8 mic kit for $1000Aust ($500us)

now vocals... i was thinking a Rode NT-2 which i could also use along with the sm-57 on the guitar cab... (not close micing it ofcourse, ill let the sm-57 handle that... )

does this sound ok?

now i need some preamps... but not expensive ones, maybe 2 SP vtb-1's? or would a behringer mixer with 8 built in pre's benefit the sound more than damage it? or would i be better getting a mackie mixer??

what do i need?

the most im gunna be recording at once is the drums... which is 8 mics at once...

?? newb in need...

Haven't had them long enough to get anything down. In testing, they were better on drums than a 57. Haven't used them on anything else though.

Hey simple blue, how you like st. louis? Hehe, I live in those parts as well. Anyway, those F-15 overheads that came with it aren't condensers. They're dynamics. Anyway, glad you're getting good results with them though.

agentpenguin185, you're in St. Louis too huh? Do you know Andy O'Conner by chance or maybe Jeff Lane? I believe they dispose a lot of their disposable income at Drum Headquarters.

Well sir, you are correct! I am vastly mistaken. For some reason I thought I had seen the F-15 box with a dynamic label. I am incorrect. I'm very sorry simple. Track, Do you know which store they shop at? I work at the St. Peters store, and they most likely shop at the one on manchester. Most of the pros go there.

my cousin... who is the drummer has a diploma in audio engineering. He requested close mic'ing of each drum, of course im making him pay for it tho :)

Back