The Prince Of Nothing

stratmonkee

Wrapping up a song collab with a lyric writing friend...ears are pretty burnt now, but think Im not digging the drum sound so far on this...as usual all feedback much appreciated!

I think you need to pull back the mid-highs in your reverb... The overall effect is very cavernous.
Once you do that, you'll probably pull back the VOX delay as well. Right now, it's so saturated I can't make out the lyrics...

Agree with you on the drums. Not enough power behind them. A tune like this needs some thump from the drums - turning up the kick would help. Cymbals sound really sizzly in spots.

I like the like the guitar sounds.

The vocal sounds fine. But I think the delay/reverb is too heavy on it. I'd double track it and back off the verb.

The low end is light. Both the kick and the bass.

I think you need to pull back the mid-highs in your reverb... The overall effect is very cavernous.
Once you do that, you'll probably pull back the VOX delay as well. Right now, it's so saturated I can't make out the lyrics...
Agree on the verb, I'm going to retrack vocals as I initially tracked them with delay in the signal chain, and can't take it off now..ugh bad mistake.
Thanks for listening and the feedback, appreciate it!
Agree with you on the drums. Not enough power behind them. A tune like this needs some thump from the drums - turning up the kick would help. Cymbals sound really sizzly in spots.

I like the like the guitar sounds.

The vocal sounds fine. But I think the delay/reverb is too heavy on it. I'd double track it and back off the verb.

The low end is light. Both the kick and the bass.
Yes drums need some balls for sure, as well as bass ...working on them, will be re tracking a dry(er) vocal as well, thanks for listening!

I listened on the ipad through both its speaker and earbuds to your tune and a couple of AC/DC tunes. Your mix is, interestingly, clearer but crispier. I prefer the AC/DC sound. I'll run the same AC/DC A/B (nice alphabetizing, yes?) later on the big speakers and report back.

On the monitors I listened to the Stones 'Angry' and then an AC/DC track. This kind of music's always better through bigger speakers. Yours sounds better through the big speakers by comparison.

Noticed the verb on the guitar this time. Like it. Noticed the side vocals. It just sounds better through bigger speakers.

On the monitors I listened to the Stones 'Angry' and then an AC/DC track. This kind of music's always better through bigger speakers. Yours sounds better through the big speakers by comparison.

Noticed the verb on the guitar this time. Like it. Noticed the side vocals. It just sounds better through bigger speakers.
COol, thanks for listening on both setups, I tend to mix stuff loud so glad it sounds good to you thru a bigger speaker setup! Im changing up the drums on this a bit

The cymbals are a bit overwhelming, compressed, out front and kind of nonstop (oddly except during the refrains at the end).
Yes , agree , fixing it now....must have had a exceptionally annoying day at work when I came home and did the initial arrangement of these drum loops !

The bass, guitar and drums seem to be playing to something other than the drums. I would lose the lead guitar track personally and re-track the guitars/bass or get serious with elastic audio. Also lose the delay or pull it way back on the vocal.

Too much verb on guitars. Tone is good and though and appropriate. Vocal effects too heavy handed. Song is cool. All the verb and delay feels out of time with the band.

Back