"The Outside Wall" Original

First off, youtube's not the best place to be posting a mix, quality's reduced, and it kinda looks more like you're looking for opinions on your music than your mix.

As far as the mix goes, it does sound like Pink Floyd to me. Drums sound a bit limp to me.

As far as the song goes, i got bored very quickly and skipped through to a couple of places, is it just a 5 and a half minute guitar solo?

Nice little jam. Yeah u2b doesn't have great fidelity, but I sensed the drums getting buried when the guitars got busy.

Yeah you're right, the drums could have been much better and I should have recorded that one more time before I recorded the guitars.

Yes I wanted opinions about the song, not the mix. I didn't know that it was only supposed to be about the mix in this area.

And yes, it supposed to be a very cool flowy (Is that a word?) like song. Probably why you guys say it sort of sounds like Pink Floyd.
And yeah, 5 minute solo. The goal to this song was to have a pretty nice solo that started pretty easy and then gets more rough at the end of it.

Bottom line, do you think I should re record the song since the drums are a bit off?
I can certainly do better than that.

Thanks a lot for the comments! :)

Re-record, i'm not sure i'd go that far? I'd say experiment with the mix, compression settings, eq, etc.

Bottom line, do you think I should re record the song since the drums are a bit off?

No, the drums aren't off, the performance is fine. You just need to rebalance the mix. Start with turning the guitar level down. When you want to make it seem louder start experimenting with compression

Oh, I thought you guys meant that the drums got off. Because they do, just very little at the end. Well, not exactly off, but I do a very weird beat which makes it sound almost off.

So it's the mix? Ok I will definitely work on that.
Thanks a lot guys!

Back