the Nuge

ahuimanu

Hi,

Totally insignificant bit of news here:

I was meeting someone here in town (Richmond, Virginia) for coffee at a Starbucks near an office-park kinda deal and who should walk in and get a grande coffee but Ted Nugent.

Ted was sporting a safari-style camouflaged hunting cap and a hunting looking jacket, but it was definately the Nuge. He had a small entourage of manager-looking types with him.

Today I found out that he was playing a show in town nearby (I guess I am living in a cave... I didn't hear about it).

I felt like shouting out "Wango ze Tango," but I am far too old for that sorta shit now.

Jeff

Nuge comes up here to Alaska and plays at the State Fair (home of the world's largest cabbages) every couple of years or so. The fair coincides with brown bear season...

can you imagine the Nuge bowhunting for a f-ing Alaskan brown bear? They are HUGE and totally gnarly!

The NUGE!

Must regard with awe.

I seen him at summerfest in Milwaukee last year.He starts his show right on time and totally rocks with energy,unlike some other prima donna groups.

I saw him with the Damn Yankees and that guy puts on one hell of a show. After their final song, Ted takes off on this killer guitar solo as the rest of the band walks off stage. The solo goes on for a while... then he lays down on his back (still ripping on the solo) and starts doing bicycle kicks. The other band members come back on stage, grab his legs and armpits, and carry Ted off stage (still soloing). Now nobody is on stage but you can still hear the guitar solo. All of a sudden, Ted comes jumping over speakers back onto the stage (still soloing) and rips it up for another couple minutes.

It was a great show! That guy loves his job.

...the whackmaster stays at my buddy's camp in the U.P. when it's black bear hunting season...I told my friend to tell Ted I'm challenging him to a guitar battle for the All-Michigan crown...it's been a few years now and all I have heard back are the crickets...:D

i saw him and got his autograph at a deer classic this year he's a cool guy.

Back