The Maccabee Project News

Axe4Yahweh

:cool: With the breakup of Cross Omega, Sharon, the Drummer, and I have formed a new band, The Maccabee Project. We have selected 3 Tunes for a Demo.

2211747.jpg

New tunes are in the works and all of them will be recorded on the VF160CDR. A re-make of the second tune on the demo, Red Horse, is in the works.

Let me know whacha think!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56&20030416213909#11501

We have a spot at Festival In The Park here in Roanoke, VA on May 25 at Noon and several other gigs are being lined up for the new Band.

CR ><>

I hope it is Christian.
by the way what kind of CD labeling software are you using? I have been looking at getting some new software for CD designs. What I have now just doesn't have much of a variety.

Looks like surething, a great label program, which does a whole lot more as well.

Attachments

• sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 57
dyuob said:
Looks like surething, a great label program, which does a whole lot more as well.

That's what I have is surething (I just couldn't remember the name). I must need to update it or something. My version doesn't have too many designs.

I like to use fractal programs for backgrounds, and the web has a lot of free picture sites, and there are sites that have textures that work great as well. Here is a label I made cor my back up copy of the Ramones Acid Eaterd cd. I used the sterling fractal generator (free ware), as well as the font called "Bad Acid'

Attachments

• ramones.jpg
    ramones.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 53
ok, Besides the fact I didn't proof read, I forgot to mention I also used Uleads "Cool 3d" to do the lettering as well.
Hey, it's my day off....

dyuob said:
ok, Besides the fact I didn't proof read, I forgot to mention I also used Uleads "Cool 3d" to do the lettering as well.
Hey, it's my day off....

Can you use them in surething?

AXE,
Just had a listen to Whirlwind.......I think I see smoke coming off my speakers! Awesome lead break in there dude! The others I had heard before, is Whirlwind new?

bd

gospel said:
I hope it is Christian.
by the way what kind of CD labeling software are you using? I have been looking at getting some new software for CD designs. What I have now just doesn't have much of a variety.
Thanks Gospel. The software is just a cheapo Fellows kit I bought at Walmart for 9 bux.

CR ><>

bdbdbuck said:
AXE,
Just had a listen to Whirlwind.......I think I see smoke coming off my speakers! Awesome lead break in there dude! The others I had heard before, is Whirlwind new?

bd

Buck;

Thanks for the listen and the comment, Bro! A Whirlwind went through the Clinic last Fall before The LORD Is. It was my first complete Digital Recording. I got alot of help on both of those tunes down there and from an Engineer/Producer friend in Alabama.

I have both of those tunes ready for mastering when the rest of the CD is in the can and hopefully that will be about two months of so.

CR ><>

Axe,
I just now listened to Whirlwind (can't listen at work because of some kind of firewall they have). What a great song. All I could think of when listening is how true the lyrics are. The song has a message that everyone should take heed of. Turn the TV on, read the papers, turn on the radio, or just take a look around. Everyone should be able to see that a Whirlwind is indeed coming.

Gospel;

Yeah, ubetcha. The Lord has given me several songs like that. Red Horse is basically the same type of message in Ballad form but mostly directed at the Church and Christians that have fallen away. This is version 2 of Red Horse. The original version was written in Dec. 2000 and it was quite prophetic as the events began to happen on 9/11. :(

The title track of the upcoming CD is Valley Of Decision and it's based on verses from Psalm 2 and Joel 3. It's a heavy Blues Rocker.

Thanks for the listen and your open eyes and hearing ears, Bro.

CR ><>

Hey Axe,

I finally had a chance to listen to your songs on NWR and they are excellent. I like how everything aspect of the songs worked together: drums, vocal, bass and guitars, with every instrument (I'm counting vox as an instrument) taking the spotlight to add just the right touch to the songs.

Two things really impressed me: the vocals and the blistering blues guitar (shades of ZZ Top?) are top notch. I have to look hard to find anything negative. The only slight minus is that these songs don't stray too far from the I-IV-V formula.

Great tunes. I love to hear more.

DC

Axe4Yahweh said:
Ubetcha Bro!!! How's it going with ya???

CR ><>

Going pretty good axe!Thanks for asking.;)

Happy Good Friday to you and everybody in the Fostex Forum!

Back