"The Light" (An original, that I am VERY proud of)

Hi Propman - I have to agree with most of the posts that somehow, you make it all work well. I like your vocals, and the processed-vocals-on-the-chorus don't bother me. I typically like a more natural sound, but what you did works with this song. My personal thought is that I would have liked to hear some harmonies throughout, and the melody on the choruses were just a tad bit redundent for me. I would have liked a tiny bit of variation on the notes. But that being said, it was very enjoyable to listen to in my opinion and I really think it is a great song!

Jen :)

Nope...never mind. I get it now. For some reason I wasn't hearing the word "just" in there...now it makes perfect sense and is in fact, funny.

As for the age thing, I really don't think it matters in this setting at least...we are all virtual beings here - just a series of keystrokes and maybe an avatar. Everyone's music speaks for itself, and you are on a roll...remarkable consistency...really. Nothing ever seems out of place or off. It all seems very deliberate. Having said that, it still cracks me up that you're 16 though...:p
Well, I hope you are right in that. And I really thank you for your VERY kind comments. I just hope I can keep up that "remarkable consistency" that you talk about. Thanks man.

that's so sick, keep it up, i'm going to check out the rest of the songs. online collab sounds fun, i've never tried it before and have no idea how in the world you would do it.
Well, most of the time, two people have a project file open in their favorite multitrack program with the same tempo. One persn does something, and sends a wav file, or separate wav stems (tracks) to the other person, and they open them in their program and add to it, and send it back. That continues untill you get what you want. Thanks for your commets as well.

Not my cup of tea, but REALLY good sounding! Keep it up! :)
Thanks for saying so! I really appreciate it.

Hi Propman - I have to agree with most of the posts that somehow, you make it all work well. I like your vocals, and the processed-vocals-on-the-chorus don't bother me. I typically like a more natural sound, but what you did works with this song. My personal thought is that I would have liked to hear some harmonies throughout, and the melody on the choruses were just a tad bit redundent for me. I would have liked a tiny bit of variation on the notes. But that being said, it was very enjoyable to listen to in my opinion and I really think it is a great song!

Jen :)
I didn't sit down and think, I am going to you a crappy cher effect. I just thought it would fit, so maybe that's why it "works". I am glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.

On another note, I want to thank everybody here for listening and commenting. It takes me a while to look through posts here and listen to songs and comment. Most of the time, I don't because I am just not patient enought, but I have to hand it to you guys, you are really helpful and I am really greatful that you take time out of your day(s) to comment on my stuff, and help me out. I will try to be more giving in return. Thanks.

-Adam.

You're voice is great, but I'm not a big fan of the chorus vocals. Melody is really catchy, though.
Thanks for saying so. I didn't think everybody would like the chorus vocals. I actually thought it wouldn't go over very big, but I liked it so I decided to take a gamble.

Not really my style of music but, I have to give credit where credit is due.....very well done and a catchy tune to boot....nice job man!!!!!!!:D

Not really my style of music but, I have to give credit where credit is due.....very well done and a catchy tune to boot....nice job man!!!!!!!:D
Thank you very much, and for taking a listen!

Very nice!:D Sounds a lot better than the old steam powered n364 that i use:D

This is one of my instrumentals if you care to listen.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=412155&songID=2924298
Was this comment meant for this song? If so, I don't get the connection. But, I did listen to the song anyway. Sounds as though it was recorded on a tape machine. There is a bit of mud in there, but overall it sounds great. I like the hard panned strings that are present. The high pitch bells around this same part are very cool as well. This is really great, I have to see. Even if this post was an accedent, this is really good. Thanks for sharing.

-Adam.

WOW, very cool. Clean, nice use of space... well done
Thanks very much. I am glad you liked it.

Nice song Adam, and tasteful use of the keyboard sounds as well. I really like the synthe sound at about 2:15-it sounds somewhat like a theremin-a really old school sound!
I see you have an Epi Les Paul on your artist page, I used my stock Epi L.P. for all the solos on my Siren Song tune-they are great guitars..;)

Nice song Adam, and tasteful use of the keyboard sounds as well. I really like the synthe sound at about 2:15-it sounds somewhat like a theremin-a really old school sound!
I see you have an Epi Les Paul on your artist page, I used my stock Epi L.P. for all the solos on my Siren Song tune-they are great guitars..;)
That is a theremin plugin called spookykeys I believe. I really like the theremin, but I doubt I could play one if I got one. At least not right away, and when I have a synth that sounds like it, well why do I need to work m butt off? I was going to use my Epi, but something is not going right with the harmonix, and I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks for the listen!

-Adam.

Thank you very much, and for taking a listen!

Was this comment meant for this song? If so, I don't get the connection. But, I did listen to the song anyway. Sounds as though it was recorded on a tape machine. There is a bit of mud in there, but overall it sounds great. I like the hard panned strings that are present. The high pitch bells around this same part are very cool as well. This is really great, I have to see. Even if this post was an accedent, this is really good. Thanks for sharing.

-Adam.

Thanks very much. I am glad you liked it.
I was showing the difference between a good recording and performance and mine:D

I like it. Sort of reminds me of more modern Radiohead except tech heavier. The vocals in the hook aren't my style, but they're perfect for what you're doing. I'd also put some distorted guitar in there, but that's just my tsate. Nice work.

I was showing the difference between a good recording and performance and mine:D
Wel you did a poor job doing what you set out to do, because I thought it was a great composition and recording, and very well mixed. You did a GREAT job!

I like it. Sort of reminds me of more modern Radiohead except tech heavier. The vocals in the hook aren't my style, but they're perfect for what you're doing. I'd also put some distorted guitar in there, but that's just my tsate. Nice work.
Thanks a lot. I am glad you like it. I haven't heard much radiohead (if any) but I will take that as a complement!

-Adam.

Wow...sounds great man...cant really say nothing about the mix...it all sounds good to me...I really like the the vocal in the course...sounds like the autotune effect...fits it well... awesome!

Wow...sounds great man...cant really say nothing about the mix...it all sounds good to me...I really like the the vocal in the course...sounds like the autotune effect...fits it well... awesome!
Thanks very much. It does sound a bit like autotune, but to me it sounds a bit more controlled. Thanks for listening.

-Adam.

not really my type of music, but I love the lyrics and the voice. Your voice almost sounds like....frick....I can't figure it out, but someone famous. Its soothing.

not really my type of music, but I love the lyrics and the voice. Your voice almost sounds like....frick....I can't figure it out, but someone famous. Its soothing.
Thank you very much. I am glad you like my voice. If you ever find out who I sound like, comment back. Thanks.

-Adam.

Nice work!

I'm late to the party here, but wanted to chime in with my compliments. This is really well done and not like anything else I'm hearing out there right now. Very catchy tune and interesting all the way through. Nicely done, young sir!

I'm late to the party here, but wanted to chime in with my compliments. This is really well done and not like anything else I'm hearing out there right now. Very catchy tune and interesting all the way through. Nicely done, young sir!
Thank you very much. I am very glad you liked it. I try to be original, but by no means did I think that it ws unlike anything out right now. I guess I did what I set out to. Thank you very much indeed.

-Adam.

I have to hand it to you. While this is not the style of music I listen to nor make, it's pretty easy to see that you have something going for you here. When I was 16, I got a mackie mixing board for christmas, and the only thing I could use it for was a volume control for my speakers.

Back