The Kinder, Gentler side of Noisewreck

noisewreck

Cracks in the Sky.

A good example of "less is more" approach. Also, a good argument for choosing sounds that work well and complement each other to begin with. There is absolutely no EQ applied. There is a little bit of very light compression on the entire mix, and a limiter to catch the peak right before the middle section starts...

I've use the same Reverb, sending various amounts of different tracks to it. A couple of tracks are bone dry.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
I'll be the first to admit that this type of music is "Greek" to me, but this is well done. I know that means a whole hell of a lot coming from somebody who doesn't really understand what you're doing. :p

Soundclick says this was uploaded Tue Jan 11, 2005 ... wtf?

Anyway, I kinda like it. I don't listen to nearly as much techno as I did when I had a good sound system and subs in the car (stock stereo now, which is fine by my wallet). This seems to wander a bit but that's probably also its strong point, as it has its own musical evolution going on. The production feels good to me, plenty of low end without being overpowering or muddy. The instrumentation is sitting well in the middle and the highs didn't once make me cringe. Fits all my criteria for a good mix. It doesn't have much replay value, feel maybe it's too accessible and I 'got it' in one play. Maybe it needs more over the top solos or a musical bridge... ?

I really like it...its verging on world music at parts so I think some "ethnic" instruments wouldn't go a miss...even some clever vocal samples a la "Deep Forest" would give it that replay value for the non electronic philistines ;)

great stuff

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah Pinky it was uploaded that long ago. It as actually done probably back in 2002 or so, when I wasn't as pissed of as I am now :D

Just thought I'd put it up here to reminisce where I was before getting into industrial/noise/hardcore nonsense. :)

Compositionally it's simple stuff, definitely not breaking any new ground there. I was definitely at the beginning stages of my move into electronica.

Kcearl, yes, vocal samples definitely improve on the "mass appeal" of most music out there, but I am too much of an instrumental nut :) Speaking of which, do you ever listen to Ozric Tentacles?

gawd not since the mid-late nineties..i think "spice doubt" was the last album I heard...are they still going?..space rock hahaha that'll be it alright :)

gawd not since the mid-late nineties..i think "spice doubt" was the last album I heard...are they still going?..space rock hahaha that'll be it alright :)

"Spirals in Hyperspace" is the last one I have. Just checked, and apparently they just came out with a new one this year called "The Yumyum Tree". :D

I guess it's okay, but hell, it's 4+ minutes of the same thing going over and over. I kept waiting and waiting for something to happen, anything, but it never did. :(

Back