The Importance Of Baffles

Broken_Hal0

Hey everyone , Im just wondering how important is the use of baffles? I see alot of floating baffles and wall ones in studios. My idea is to use Roxul safe and sound , create a backing piece and frame it. Then I would mount it tight to the walla and use eye hooks and wire to hang from a ceiling.

Would I see an immediate change in sound quality in the room? Im doing this for the sake of argument , I know they are almost always required in terms of sound re-inforcment but the other party thinks otherwise.

I was going to create bass traps in the same manner using the safe and sound.I know there is more rigid material out there but if I frame it properly would it make a difference?

The orientation of the panels were going to be 3" deep x 4' high X 16" wide
I know they wont absorb as much as a rockwool panel but I just want peoples opinion on using that compared to a completely untreated room.

If someone has some good information concerning this subject please send.Once again , I know the importance of sound reinforcement but need to prove someone else otherwise.

Thank You For Your Time
Neil S
The Little Studio

Would I see an immediate change in sound quality in the room?

Well, you'd be more likely to hear it than see it, lol.

Yeah, the change was startling for me. Best $150 I spent on anything recording or music related.

Back