The impact of EQ on phase

Fine. Antique digital circuits have a mythic resonance too, insofar as their being made of components that realize discrete logic primitives or operations exposes them to adaptation by the end user: hence, the new art of circuit bending. Not so with DSPs or commercial software. if you start shorting pins inside a DSP-based device, it will probably stop working, without doing anything interesting as it dies.

And yes, there are literary and architectural processes at play in writing software that give the act a mythic resonance as well. That is generally lost on the end user though, as he is seldom witness to its creation. All interactions with the product available to him are pre-defined. If he tampers with it, it will probably stop working, without doing anything interesting as it dies.

:p :p :p :p :p :p

All any digital circuit does is turn transistors (or tubes, if you want to go really vintage) on and off. As for the rest, enjoy your mythology.

All any digital circuit does is turn transistors (or tubes, if you want to go really vintage) on and off. As for the rest, enjoy your mythology.

I know that. My first job as a technician was maintaining a Univac 1219. Nary an IC in that old fridge.

Relax, son. I'm just breaking your balls a little. Can't I break a guy's balls a little? :D

Seriously though, I appreciate your exposition on the state of digital filtering. Very informative.

Back