The immigrant song

Love it. You've nailed the guitars & drums tones. The intro is a dead ringer for the original. The vocals are kinda muffled. I'd back off the reverb and bring them forward. Replicating Plant is always a challenge but these are good enough to get you in ballpark

Hell yeah dude. Guitars have lead balls and sound pretty great. Vocals are surprisingly strong too - props to taking on one of the hardest Robert Plant vocal numbers. I feel more vocal layers are necessary on that ahhhhhhahhh intro part. Verse vox could actually come up slightly. If I had to be nitpicky - could use a moment of bass boost and echo @ 1:06 right at that transition (like the original I believe does). Ryth guitar seems to go slightly off time for a moment at 0:41 and 1:42. How are you recording the guitars (tones, amp sources? virtual, real?). Love the sounds.

Nailed the tones for sure. Ambitious tune to cover vocals on. I gotta say he came damn close. Overall I give it a 10

I'm playing bass, IBB on drums, Glen ( an old friend of mine) on guitar and vocal..
All comments welcome

Listen to Immigrant Song Mix3 by jimistone on #SoundCloud

Love it. You've nailed the guitars & drums tones. The intro is a dead ringer for the original. The vocals are kinda muffled. I'd back off the reverb and bring them forward. Replicating Plant is always a challenge but these are good enough to get you in ballpark
Thankz BH
The vocal already had the reverb and delay on it. I just loaded it in my DAW. I do think that I cut somewhere in the 800 to 2000K range with EQ to give it that distant vocal sound Plant had on this song. I may nees to add some back.

Hell yeah dude. Guitars have lead balls and sound pretty great. Vocals are surprisingly strong too - props to taking on one of the hardest Robert Plant vocal numbers. I feel more vocal layers are necessary on that ahhhhhhahhh intro part. Verse vox could actually come up slightly. If I had to be nitpicky - could use a moment of bass boost and echo @ 1:06 right at that transition (like the original I believe does). Ryth guitar seems to go slightly off time for a moment at 0:41 and 1:42. How are you recording the guitars (tones, amp sources? virtual, real?). Love the sounds.
To tell you the truth Steve...
Glen did the vocals and guitars and im not sure what he used on his guitar parts. I will find out from him and share. I did do 2 guitar parts. One was a strat plugged into a 1968 pro reverb. I used the amp's tremelo effect. All I did on that part is strum one time, and hold the chord, on 2 chord changes (you can hear where I do thst if youre looking for it.
The other guitar part I laid down is recorded direct and is basically a duplicate of Glens part. His guitars had heavy gain and my part was way less gain and more bite. I thought it contrasted nicely with what he did
Thanks for the listen andnkind words steve!

Nailed the tones for sure. Ambitious tune to cover vocals on. I gotta say he came damn close. Overall I give it a 10
My buddy really surprised me with this vocal. He stepped up to the plate and pointed his bat at center field.
Lol
Thanks for checking it out brother!

Finding out that he's still tearin' it up like me makes it that much better. Mojo always outweighs accuracy.

Awesome job. I used to cover this song many years ago and I can attest to it being a little more difficult than it sounds to keep the intensity super tight from start to finish (not so much on the guitar, but certainly so on the bass and drums). You guys nailed this. Very impressed with the tones, the playing and the vocs. Nice one.

Back