the heaviest one I have going

jdavidb

Thanks for the comments on Song 13 a few days ago. This is "mixing clinic", but I'm aok with it if you feel like commenting on mixing and composition too. It is "Song 12"
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4613&alid=1330

I have serious-ass-finishing-things problems. That one is 2 mins 20 seconds, so it's a good bit to hear. It's a very abrupt beginning only because I chopped off the intro and first verse due to not liking it.

does it mean it's all aok when there are no replies? There were a bunch of downloads of this song. Should I stick it over in songwriting?

Man, how did I miss this yesterday? It even had the word Heavy in it. I like the guitar tone alot. Very good. Playing is good. Sounds pretty good. Might be a bit heavy on bottom end tones, but doesn't distort, so don't take that as bad. Does seem a bit heavy in the bottom. That is my only comment as far as stuff that might need work. I don't mean the bass guitar, but tone overall is full of lows. This might be what you went for, so if it is, just disregard that. I like the direction of the tune. Just a very rocking tune.

Ed

I'm glad you pointed that out (instead of me) because that's one of the things I wrestle with to have heavy rhythm guitar while not burying bass guitar. But, I don't particularly love the overall low throughout. Part of the plan is: In that song, I'm using a pick on bass when they play together, but I use fingers when they separate. So, it's probably a matter of someday finding equipment that can handle that detail better. Or maybe I should just play it tuned to E instead of dropped to D :D

jdavidb said:
I'm glad you pointed that out (instead of me) because that's one of the things I wrestle with to have heavy rhythm guitar while not burying bass guitar. But, I don't particularly love the overall low throughout. Part of the plan is: In that song, I'm using a pick on bass when they play together, but I use fingers when they separate. So, it's probably a matter of someday finding equipment that can handle that detail better. Or maybe I should just play it tuned to E instead of dropped to D :D

I don't think its too much bass from the bass guitar, just the mix has lots of bass adding up. From drums, guitars, and bass. Might just need to eq the tones of the overall mix down a few db in the range where most of this sits. And, it might just be my system. It's a pc with 5.1 surround, but it generally plays bass a bit more subdued than it sounds on my home stereo.

Again, just a thought from my end. Good tune.
Ed

Back