The gurl's a complete MIDIot ...

geekgurl

Hi All:

I'm hoping you can help me. I have a Kurzweil PC2R module. I want to control this module via 2 separate keyboards, because sometimes I want to play the sounds off the top-tier keyboard -- a Roland U20 -- and sometimes from the bottom one -- a Nord Electro2.

What is the connection scheme I have to use? I've tried every permutation of Kurzweil MIDI In to everything else hooked up every which way I can think of. Doesn't mean I'm not missing something ...

The connection options are these:
Nord: MIDI In, MIDI Out
U20: MIDI In, Out, and Thru
PC2R: MIDI In, Out, and Thru

Also, I should note I'm using 2 MIDI cables to try to achieve my goal. Do I need perhaps another cable to complete some connection cycle or something?

For simplicity's sake, right now the module and both keyboards are set to MIDI channel 1. If I get this f$#%ing thing to work I'll worry about the esoterics of using other channels later ... I just wanted to add this info to help the troubleshooting process.

Any input (ha, me so punny) appreciated.

gg

If the pc2r had 2 sets of midi ins like the emu's you could do it... But it doesn't evidently so your only other choice is a midi router. I use the motu midixpress xt and it works very well.

Cool, thanks for the tips guys.

I need to resolve my technical issue so my programs are set by Sunday, so I just went down to Guit Satan and got a MIDIMan MID merge 2x2 for $64 incl. tax. That works ...

In case y'all care, the best price I found online was $65 from samedaymusic.com and some other place had that same price. I don't know if shipping was free or not.

Thanks again for the timely responses. I knew you wouldn't let me down! :D

cheers

gg

Back