The guitar is kind of mushed together

Omniscient

I was wondering if anyone has a possible solution to my problem. When I'm recording my guitars what I hear with my ears is pretty clear and definable. But when I playback what I've recorded it's all kind of "mushed together" the cord and note changes aren't as definable as they should be. It's almost as if one cord drags on like 1/10th of a second too long and mixes with the next cord...that's the best way I can describe it. I'm guessing it's probably my mixer presets? By the way it's on a mx2442a.

I made like a 30 second clip of some cords and notes because everything else is 4+ minutes. Where can I host it?

It's weird. Two days ago it sounded nice, but now it has a mushy sound. Like it doesn't sound clear like a recording should. It sounds muffled and cluttered.

Last edited:
click my link to soundclick and join up. Post it there.

So the mix sounded nice and then it didn't? Did you accidentally bump a track or something?

Thunder33 said:
click my link to soundclick and join up. Post it there.

So the mix sounded nice and then it didn't? Did you accidentally bump a track or something?

I did a guitar track like a week ago it sounded "decent" for a base track. I left my stuff alone for about a week then decided I wanted to redo it. So I start recording and everything went off without at hitch, then I play it back and I was disgusted.

The soundclick thing was being very slow. I finally completed the sign up, but then I could only host mp3's. I saved the current one as a Realplayer file by accident and trashed the Sonar4 file. Now it's to late for me to turn my amp on to record another sample. That link is a file storage place I use.

I just noticed that I was recording in stereo through the m-audio card. I usually use L-R mono and two mics. Is it a possibility that because it was recording two mics in stereo that it could sound crappy? Or should I always be recording in stereo regardless.

Omniscient said:
The soundclick thing was being very slow. I finally completed the sign up, but then I could only host mp3's. I saved the current one as a Realplayer file by accident and trashed the Sonar4 file. Now it's to late for me to turn my amp on to record another sample. That link is a file storage place I use.

I just noticed that I was recording in stereo through the m-audio card. I usually use L-R mono and two mics. Is it a possibility that because it was recording two mics in stereo that it could sound crappy? Or should I always be recording in stereo regardless.

just convert that bad boy or something. I couldn't get it to load.

Ok, I figured it out. It was the two mics on stereo. When I went back to one mic for the left channel and one mic for the right channel it's clear again. But now I got some crazy ass clipping/chirping. That will have to wait till tomorrow.

I love when the answer finally shows up through a little personal experimentation.

If I was a teacher, I'd get my students to answer thier own questions all the time. Then I can just skip out on my own class and hang at the univerisity's studio.

Of course why stop dreaming there? Why not win a nobel prize or win the lottery? Reality is a b****.

Back