The greatest ever rock guitar sound

I think the guy Recycle has either gone or been kicked out, do you know? He made some controversial comments but I would not have kicked him out for that. I posted a lot of comments when I first came on here and took a lot of criticism personally and got angry when the mod accused me of trolling and went full barrel with abuse to get thrown out and banned. I think it is just a learning process
Haha. You went way off topic on your own thread. :LOL:
Well, I guess you’re allowed.

But keeping in line with the original topic, as I interpret it....
There’s many great guitar players with their own iconic instantly recognizable ‘signature’ sounds.
But these sounds may or may not be considered ‘rock tones’ . Both Jeff Beck and Carlos Santana have instantly recognizable guitar tones, but I wouldn’t consider them stereotypical ‘rock’ tones.

AC/DC is more of what comes to mind. That hard driving, three chord, loud aggressive rock song. Not refined intellectual, sophisticated music, but something that hits you in the chest with great power and energy.

So, by those standards my vote goes to the Young brothers. Angus and Malcom.

AC/DC gets my vote for best rock sound ever.

There’s many great guitar players with their own iconic instantly recognizable ‘signature’ sounds.
But these sounds may or may not be considered ‘rock tones’ . Both Jeff Beck and Carlos Santana have instantly recognizable guitar tones, but I wouldn’t consider them stereotypical ‘rock’ tones.

AC/DC is more of what comes to mind. That hard driving, three chord, loud aggressive rock song. Not refined intellectual, sophisticated music, but something that hits you in the chest with great power and energy.

Ah that SG with an old Marshall 50 watt superlead

Marshall JMP50 Superlead wound up. Greatest amp

Yeh the SG with the Superlead 50 Plexi wound up and that tone boost pedal for lead was all Angus ever needed

Sorry TAE, didnt mean to be controversial. Get what you are are saying about "greatest ever" with anything to do with music. It is entirely subjective 😀👍👍
No worries dude I was just spinning off of GT's post it's cool and yeah I'm am not sure why but it appears recycle dude has been wiped clean off of this site...never seen that before...the banned folks post usually remain unless they are way out of line and then just the out of line thread just gets trimmed not the whole thread erased...weird

No worries dude I was just spinning off of GT's post it's cool and yeah I'm am not sure why but it appears recycle dude has been wiped clean off of this site...never seen that before...the banned folks post usually remain unless they are way out of line and then just the out of line thread just gets trimmed not the whole thread erased...weird
Like they never existed. Except for us keeping them alive. :D

Schencker had the cab turned against the studio wall and the cab miked from the back
Not sure if I mentioned this before because Schenker is a kick ass player ...but... back before VH was signed in 1976 they opened for UFO and blew them off the stage with their show...I was lucky enough to be there with my band mate buddy / guitarist Macias to see it with our own unexpecting eyes. We knew Eddie was great but the real eye opener for us that night was his brother Alex.....wow did he shine..drum solos can become a bit lack luster after a few minutes....Alex frickin put on a show and owned the crowd....dude drums with SOUL!

Last edited:
Not sure if I mentioned this before because Schenker is a kick ass player ...but... back before VH was signed in 1976 they opened for UFO and blew them off the stage with their show...I was lucky enough to be there with my band mate buddy / guitarist Macias to see it with our own unexpecting eyes. We knew Eddie was great but the real eye opener for us that night was his brother Alex.....wow did he shine..drum solos can become a bit lack luster after a few minutes....Alex frickin put on a show and owned the crowd....dude drums with SOUL!

Alex was a great drummer

Sounds like its coming direct off the desk?

I dont know whether I am jealous of you or feel sorry 😪😪 well Ed is gone and you have a good life now. Life is tough and fame and fortune sometimes has its own enemy. Personally I just wish to be happy and find peace in my life xxxx

Reactions: TAE
I just wish to be happy and find peace in my life xxxx
May you find both my HR buddy.

It's all about perspective. A real good read is the 7 decisions by Andy Andrews..You can find it in PDF on the internets if you like to read....or you can catch his drift watching the video below....... The buck stops here baby.

When I do my gratitude list ( and I do it often) and put it on the scale of life up against the trials and tribulations I face, I am way overpaid, blessed and grateful beyond words for the life I have lived and aspire to keep on living. That said, like everyone I have my crosses to bear. Sometimes it's really screwed up and scary. Knowing all that I have to be grateful for, the little shit, annoyances and suffering I have to go through is chump change in the big picture. Bring it on, I will overcome or die trying and I do it in complete surrender to big guy in the sky and his will for me. It will all work out in the end, if it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Back