The great platform debate

starfox

Heres my situation, I just got a powermac g5 dual 2gh 1.5gh ram, to run my graphics programs. I have been recording on my p4 2.8ghz laptop threw a tascam us 122 into sonar with a maudio midi controller. I'm just starting to get comforitable recording on the PC but I am drawn to starting over on the mac. I need a mac app thats not as deep as logic pro (or as expensive) if Im going to cross over. Has anyone here worked on both platforms?

starfox said:
Heres my situation, I just got a powermac g5 dual 2gh 1.5gh ram, to run my graphics programs. I have been recording on my p4 2.8ghz laptop threw a tascam us 122 into sonar with a maudio midi controller. I'm just starting to get comforitable recording on the PC but I am drawn to starting over on the mac. I need a mac app thats not as deep as logic pro (or as expensive) if Im going to cross over. Has anyone here worked on both platforms?

Digital Performer. Well, at least an easier learning curve. With the competitive upgrade, I suppose it qualifies as not as expensive, but the retail is similar, IIRC.

Back