The fruits of my labor.

asi9

I can't believe it... we just released a demo that I am actually PLEASED with the mix results on everything. After first getting into the whole recording thing about 2 years ago, and tons of advice, tips, articles, etc right here on homerecording.com, these are my results, and I am happy with them. We begin recording more songs to make a full length using this recording method at the end of this month.

I'd like to thank Dragon of course for this site, and all the people that have helped me out with my "how do I record drums?" posts when I was a newbie, and all the countless tips and advice I've gotten off this site. It would NOT sound this good if it hadn't been for homerecording.com

www.mp3.com/psychostick

The songs are the first three. The style is heavy metal with a sense of humor. My favorite mix is "Scrotal Torment", which has a bombastic kick drum and sick sound overall (and my favorite song of the three), next is "Those Stupid Ifs", which is more overall well balanced, and last is "Fake My Own Death and Go Platinum", which has a slightly muddier, darker guitar sound. Still, these are all picky things. We still have one of the best sounding local band demos in the area. Cost? About $300 total. YAY!

Enjoy! Thanks everyone!!!

Asi9,

I am extremely pleased with scrotal torment. I really like your use of reverb and delay. Makes it sound very non- homerecording. Much more like a studio.

Can you please tell me what settings you had on the guitar and bass?

Now the guitar was incredible. I loved the anger of it. had a lot of authority to it.

THe snare and lead vocal sounded like they could come up a little bit.

Very powerful tune. Great job

Hey thanks a lot..... vox and snare will definitely come up a bit when they are "re-mixed" for the full length (kept all the raw tracks, will rebuild the song later so they will sound more similar).

Guitar was a ibanez, double humbucker (not that great of one, either). 4 tracks of pod.... 2 using line 6 insane, 2 through a DOD death metal distortion pedal and into clean channel on POD using speaker sims. (I'm the guitarist, I like in-yer-face sounds, too). Bass was just a decent bass recording mic'ed cabinet + direct. When went direct out from he's preamp (can't remember what kind, but it's a good one), then mic'ed his cab. He likes a "scooped" sound.... so it was pretty much lows and hi's..... the direct signal accounts for the low end, completely clean and compressed to hell. The mic'ed cab was put through a speaker sim (amp sim lite on cakewalk, with a hint of distortion), which really brought out the attack and pluck of the bass. Combine the two..... there you go. It sounds best overall on "Those Stupid Ifs"

Back