The Flying Dutchman

stratmonkee

Wearing my love for Pink Floyd on my sleeve for this one šŸ˜†. My buddy wrote the lyrics, Indid the rest, except drums , which I put together from Simon Phillips drum loop collection
Listen to The Flying Dutchman by stratmonkee on #SoundCloud

I have to admit, I only made it 3 minutes in... then I "skip-sampled" the rest...
You should experiment with some really odd and "jarring" changes ;)
Great mix! Could bring up the volume a bit.

I like the big reverb. I don't usually like that stuff, but it worked well here.

Guitars sound good, but they're back in the mix. Bass sounds good, but is a bit too high in the mix.

Vocals have some pitch problems.

Not a big fan of the snare and kick sounds. Hats are real high in the mix.

Synths are great. THey sound great and they're playing great parts.

Cool feel/vibe! The lead guitars should have a little more ā€œbiteā€ in the upper mids so they jump out a little more.
Also, I think the vocal double should be a little lower in the mix to support, but not overtake, the main vocal. Maybe short delay on the vocal double (and make the delays panned hard R/L) to support the main vocal but not compete. And as someone mentioned, the overall volume could come up.

Just a few little ideas/twesks. Iā€™m a big Floyd fan, fun!ā€¦Nice work!

Ah yes, this is my jam. I listened to the whole thing.

My suggestions would be to dial back the bass a bit and maybe add a bit more clarity to the vox. Also after the (very good) solo, I feel it falls a bit flat...I would actually play the track out with the solo, end it on a high note.

Back