"The Fire" - A New Song

Hey - this was a fun listen. It's pretty original sounding which is always a plus for me.

The guitar parts are full of relentless energy and I like the quick little lick worked in there between the strumming.

The vocals are very expressive, and I think maybe they could come up a little?

When the kick came in I really thought it was too loud and like, dull sounding...I dunno, just too much. Then, when the rest of the kit came in (also pretty loud), the kick actually made more sense relative to the rest of the kit, but not with the rest of the mix if that makes any sense.

Basically I just thought the drums were kind of overpowering and boxy sounding...like there was too much room captured in maybe a not so great room?

Thanks.

Hey - this was a fun listen. It's pretty original sounding which is always a plus for me.

The guitar parts are full of relentless energy and I like the quick little lick worked in there between the strumming.

The vocals are very expressive, and I think maybe they could come up a little?

When the kick came in I really thought it was too loud and like, dull sounding...I dunno, just too much. Then, when the rest of the kit came in (also pretty loud), the kick actually made more sense relative to the rest of the kit, but not with the rest of the mix if that makes any sense.

Basically I just thought the drums were kind of overpowering and boxy sounding...like there was too much room captured in maybe a not so great room?

Thanks.

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm not much of a drum mixer. I still have a lot to learn in that area. I think maybe your issue with the kick might come from the fact that the kick is artificial (made on a keyboard) while the rest of the kit was authentic. I just don't like the sound of the real kick. It's not the best set as a whole either. A lot of EQ was done to try to hone in the drum sounds in the mix. But yeah I've got a lot to keep working on with regards to drums. Glad you like the song though!

Back