THE ETERNAL LIGHT OF WILL – Advice needed about digital distortion on this please???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer7

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE • can the digital distortion be cleaned up on this track???

:) Hi to all you fine folk,
I need some advice on distortion and would also like to know how this sounds to people as a track anyway. It's a more musical offering than my latest stuff and is called The Eternal Light of Will. It has a special place in my heart, so I'd like to save it if poss.

:( I've re-mastered it, as there's some bad digital distortion in the original which is due to me not paying attention to levels properly when recording years ago, as before that I was used to getting away with some tape saturation on reel-to-reel. I'd just bought a 4-track digital portastudio back then and didn't realise how different it was to analogue, and along with using "not the best" headphones at the time, the distortion got locked in – naughty me :o!!! I've done my best to reduce it by twiddling EQs and it's a bit better, but I've had to sacrifice some brightness and highs, plus overall punch. Also, listening back after all these years, the vocals seem too low in the mix, but they're locked in position via bounce-downs.

If I took it to a real studio engineer, maybe it could be cleaned up completely using computer techniques, but I don't really know. By the way, I don't record on computer myself yet. Any advice from those in the know, on whether this is possible, will be helpful – cheers in advance!

Click this direct link to give it a twirl. Thanks for reading and, in advance, for listening and advice:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=662928&songID=6190630
Hope you can hear the passion that went into this track, regardless of the less than perfect production.
dreamer7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back