The differences between softwares

Rocha06

This might be one of the most stupid questions on this forum, but to hell with it, I'm a newbie after all.

Could anyone tell me the differences between Acid Pro, Fruit Loops, Reason and Sound Forge? Why would I pick one instead of the other?

Acid pro: Audio looping, multitracking, very limited (imho) but that may have changed since i have not looked at it in years

Fruit loops: Childrens cereal made by Kelloggs, you should be eating more whole grain stuff but does the trick for hangovers when mixed with stoli for breakfast

Reason: Virtual synth/sampler/efx/etc rack with sequencer. Awsome for what it does, no audio editing or import though.

Soundforge: Audio editing, good for chopping samples and so on, no midi or multitracking

FruitY Loops

Apparently Reason is the best one...BUT, I know it requires a high-spec comp...is there an older version of it I could use?

Fruity Loops: Very user friendly loop based audio workstation, limited multitrack recording, expansive sound libraries, kind of does a dumbed down version of everything there is to do except mastering. Lacks serious power in any category.

altitude909 said:
Fruit loops: Childrens cereal made by Kelloggs, you should be eating more whole grain stuff but does the trick for hangovers when mixed with stoli for breakfast

HAHAHA...true man! :D :D

Rocha06 said:
Apparently Reason is the best one
What do you mean that Reason is the best one? They are all used for different things. It's like saying that out of a motorcycle, bicycle, car and semi-truck, the motorcycle is 'apparently the best one'.

There's no such as the 'best one'. For a newbie, Fruity loops might be the best one. it depends on your personal opinion and choices.

Ok, "best" was the wrong word to describe it. I meant to say that, apparently, it's the most complete, right?.

Reason is a sequencer, you can't record live audio. Like vocals.

If you want something complete, look into cubase.

Back