the devil made me do it-Jay turser Jt-res

i know the feeling of china made...the problem is a lot of this stuff is too expensive and the cheap stuff (offshore) has gotten better and better.

and if your Buckingham, $1500 is toilet paper.

if Buckingham had been playing a china made it'd probably had sounded just fine too.

waterford crystal ....doesn't make the wine taste better.

it sounds real nice.Alot of highs from the Piezio.It can almost sound like a banjo.The humbucker has alot of bass and you can blend the two.The tuners are cheezy but it stays in tune.The action comes a little high for slide and sounds great with a slide.The finish is quite remarkable and i found a couple little flaws that you have to really look hard to find.All in all for the price it blows my mind.I really can believe he make this guitar .As i have only found 3 or 4 other electric resonators and they are 1600$ and up new..I was looking at Buckinghams on the ''Desiny Rules ''DVD movie they made.I think i like mine better than his.I hope it records good thru my tube preamps.:DYou can hear him playing it on quite a few songs on ''Say You Will'' Fleetwood Mac CD

I have a Regal that I play in an acoustic band, I play with a banjo, fiddler, and upright bassist, and volume wise it stands out well with the other instruments. This is unamplified also, I have a piezo attached to the resonator cone if I need additional volume.
Its worth buying a raised nut that will fit over the standard nut for recording-that really gives you a great tone similar to a squareneck dobro, and it only requires slacking the strings to install/uninstall. Elderly instruments carries great accessories for acoustic instruments!

http://www.elderly.com/

jay turser res.

i bought one about 2 years ago ...... not bad for the $$ sounds ok plays ok .... no complaints ... have done a few gigs w/ it no problems w/ it

don't have any particular issue with J Turser resonators

but what makes you think it's not made in China?

I've had one of those for several years. I had to replace the pots and reset the bridge. Oh yea, I also had to take out the resonator part and route out the body cavity because it a fraction to shallow to let the resonator actually resonate without buzzing against the back of the opening. And I drilled a hole between the resonator cavity and the little psuedo opening to let air actually go through there (it worked!).

It's an extremely cheaply made guitar...

But I love it! Even with all the crap I had to do to get it up to snuff, it's got a great one of kind acoustic sound and is fun to play. What I really like is that it makes a good travel/camping guitar - it weighs like 2 ounces and can take a beating. The pickups aren't the greatest, but I have used it a couple of recordings.

I have an American Flag strap on it - made in China also I'm guessing :rolleyes:

Back