"The Day They Robbed the Bank of England"

Love it....
i'm glad you do, man...
thanks.

all the guitars and bass tracks on this album,
were not done with my vintagy mesa boogie mark2b head and cabs, like usual..

i used a Strymon Iridium for all of it, going direct into my interface.
it was like a big experiment. i'll never sell my tube amp, but i really dig this new methodology.

Needs vocals - parts are drifting otherwise. Really good song...
hey nate!! you know, i think it works just fine without any vocals...
there is enough imagery going on in this one, for anyone to head trip on without vocals.

after 4 albums of nothing but vocals, i wanted to tackle an instrumental project.
it was a lot of fun.

and using the Strymon Iridium, instead of my good ole mesa boogie, was a cool experiment.

This is really awesome stuff. Great playing and some fantastic rhythmical elements. Not at all familiar with the Strymon Iridium but will be checking it out in due course.. Stylistically, I’m reminded slightly of the band Tool, but with more of a progressive twist. Quite Dream Theatre - esque in places. Keep it up! Cheers.

This is really awesome stuff. Great playing and some fantastic rhythmical elements. Not at all familiar with the Strymon Iridium but will be checking it out in due course.. Stylistically, I’m reminded slightly of the band Tool, but with more of a progressive twist. Quite Dream Theatre - esque in places. Keep it up! Cheers.
hi bendbones!
(sometimes i wished my bones would bend!)

hey thanks for listening.
this was a super fun song to write and track,
and using the iridium was a blast! turned out much better than i had hoped for,
the iridium has supplanted my mesa boogie for the time being...
and actually, the iridium THROUGH the boogie is just awesome, i may try micing again, just for that combination.

this was the more prog tune on the album,
i have some others that i will post soon, that are quite different.

the album is meant to be a full journey sonically, not just one thing or another...
but guitar freaks tend to like the more aggressive stuff...
i play synth throughout this entire song, but it mostly goes by unnoticed.

Hey Gonzo nice track. One of the riffs actually reminds me of Jane's Addiction. You'd never tell you weren't using the amp

Hey Gonzo nice track. One of the riffs actually reminds me of Jane's Addiction. You'd never tell you weren't using the amp
Thanks for listening, bull. Yea I dig JA
Used to listen to them all the time

The Iridium is fun to use

Back