The Daughter Band Live.........

That was fun to listen to. :D

Your daughter has a great voice & the band sounds pretty tight.

good stuff.

Yeah; it's a joy to get to do this. I've played pro since I was 12....that's 39 years ago now. What better way to wind down the music carrer than to play in a band with my daughter? I mean, who gets to do that? I'm a very lucky man.

SLuiCe....yes I do have a wonderful life. It wasn't always wonderful mind you....but it is now and I'm fortunate.
And all you guys here at the board have had a major role in making my life wonderful. This has been a major inspiration in my life and music and I'm grateful for all of you. OK....That's enough sentiment.

Chris....I hope you get to do this too. I'm sure you will. It was only a few years ago that I hid all the knives when my daughter came by. So this will pass.....good luck and try not to get your feelings too hurt when she says that crap that she doesn't really mean.

Green Dude...you just have to practice drunk. ;)

dtb......I'll have to bring her to Jamfest.

Philby....thanks for listening. I'm gonna try some different stuff to improve the sound.

Hey G.......wish you were playing bass for us. now that would be cool. Interested in moving?

powder finger
JR#97
Stratomaster...thanks for listening ya'll. I think it'll be a fairly decent band. It's been together for about 6 months and it's still finding it's voice.

dobro....thanks man. Yeah; Jennifer's doing pretty good. She's only been singing at all for about 2 years. Unlike most singers, she never sang at all 'till about 2 years ago when she called me up and said " Daddy, I want to sing." So she's really a beginner and I think she has some potential.

A1A2....I'm looking forward to the Floyd tune. I don't know what to say about the detuning of those files. They definitely weren't tuned down when I uploaded them. :confused:

twist......I was too drunk to remember to turn the machine off! :D

Al.....thanks man, I appreciate it. For me the biggest thing about this band isn't that my daughter's singing. It's that I'm playing guitar in a 3-piece. I'm having fun.

Vox
Jagular....thanks for listening guys. I had fun that night......or at least that's what I'm told! :D

participant.....yeah, I'm the guitar player. That wah-wah is actually a Rocktron Talkbox that my wife got me. I'm still learning about it but it's pretty cool.

Muzeman...thanks for noticing the slide. Yeah...that's a Bonnie Raitt tune. I love her....especially her earlier work.

Hey I'm listening to Come Together...makes me want to get a live gig again! But every time I think that, I think when will I have time to record? :(

I was just singing this at work, swingin' the hammer the other day too...ironic. :)

Bonnie Rait! LOL nice.yep this sounds very drunk :D

Thanks for sharing this stuff!

"Oh my mind gets very witty
My teeth get sorta gritty
My eyes get real bloodshot
(ba duh ba dudadda duh.)
Flavored papers I'd be pasting
And my mind, I'd be wasting
If I only had some pot."

:D

Great job Lt. Bob.You guys rock!

Keep your eyes on that lazy/no equipmment toting bass player!:D

I used to get pissed off on saturday nights when half the bans would hit the parking lot and hide out until most of the shit was broke down and loaded into the trailer.( I dint mind it if the guy was hooking up with some hottie.Cant deny a man his late night queenie.;) )

We found a remedy(hey,that was the name of the band:eek: )for that though....we just sat on our ass and our manager held onto to everybodies money until ALL the equipment was broken down and loaded up.It worked!:D

That's not a bad idea and I've considered it......but if I don't go ahead and get it loaded; I won't get home 'till 4:30 in the morning. And I have to work. I like my idea of kicking his ass one night and seeing if that helps ;)

Lt. Bob said:
That's not a bad idea and I've considered it......but if I don't go ahead and get it loaded; I won't get home 'till 4:30 in the morning. And I have to work. I like my idea of kicking his ass one night and seeing if that helps ;)

I'll bet you own the truck that transports the gear.
If you don't, try making Kid Flash drive. Its amazing how quick things get done when its your ride home.

BTW, Nice tunes!
The greatest reward of my live playin' days was having fun.
It didn't always happen but it really sounds like the band has it down to a science!

When do we see the video ???................

Followed by the "Unplugged" sessions....................

jcmm said:
I'll bet you own the truck that transports the gear.
And all the gear too! When I try to tell about this shit he goes..."Hey, I'm not your son. Don't try to tell me what to do."
Stay tuned 'cause it won't go like this much longer. :D

Lt. Bob said:
When I try to tell about this shit he goes..."Hey, I'm not your son. Don't try to tell me what to do."

Heres an angle...................

"Hey, You ain't my Bass player anymore either.........."

He can tote his share or he can use his cut of the booty to hire someone to do it.

Besides.......You have a Sax and guitar around your neck, Keys at your side................hmmm.......lets see..........

How about Bass pedals.
Theres a couple of appendiges your just standing on!

:D :D :D :confused: :eek:

Thats a cool thing playing with your daughter. She`s got some good energy.
Ya know, I aint all that far away. It would fun to find out where your playin and sneak out there one weekend and just kind of show up.

hey Lt, Id play for free in your band but there's one problem......

I suck on bass worse than I suck on guitar.......

Toki987 said:
Thats a cool thing playing with your daughter. She`s got some good energy.
Ya know, I aint all that far away. It would fun to find out where your playin and sneak out there one weekend and just kind of show up.

you better not "just kind of show up" without me........:mad:

:D :D ;) ;) :p :p :cool: :cool:

hey Lt, I have been working for almost 24 hours straight thawing out houses and fixing broken pipes that burst.. I thought I'd be getting more than 3 hours worth of sleep, but we just got another emergency.. It's 9 degrees outside, and houses are freezing.. I'll get this later on..

B.SABBATH said:
hey Lt, I have been working for almost 24 hours straight thawing out houses and fixing broken pipes that burst.. I thought I'd be getting more than 3 hours worth of sleep, but we just got another emergency.. It's 9 degrees outside, and houses are freezing.. I'll get this later on..

The deep freeze is keeping all the plumbers busy this week.It got down to 15 degrees here last night a few miles from the Florida border!We dont know how to handle that stuff.:eek:

Dont people know to leave their faucets running to keep them from freezing?

Baby I love You!

Hehe... Thats' some fun sounding music. The second tune is really funky, with some cool guitar.

And of course, Come Together is great to hear.

Thanks for posting live material, its really great to hear fresh, energetic music.

Take Care :)

Adam

Kramer said:
The deep freeze is keeping all the plumbers busy this week.It got down to 15 degrees here last night a few miles from the Florida border!We dont know how to handle that stuff.:eek:

Dont people know to leave their faucets running to keep them from freezing?

yeah man.. I worked 24 hours straight on Tuesday. I just came home for a shower and change of clothes.. When I finally got home, I was called back out 2 hours later and did it all over again.. Every customer was saying that they couldn't get anyone to come.. My boss was charging $360 beans for the first hour, and $220 for each additional.. All we do is hook up the thawing machine and wait.. It sometimes takes 24 hours to thaw out a whole house.. Once it's thawed, we fix the breaks.. the longer it stays frozen, the more breaks.. I usually read something while we wait.. damn I'm tired.. :( (but at least I can pay my cable bill this month) :D

Sorry about hijacking your thread Lt..

cool to finally hear something from the band.. your a legitimate guitar player as well as everything else.. I like the sequencing stuff.. I always wanted to do something like that, but nobody else did.. This is not too bad of a recording considering how it was done.. tight drums.. It must also be nice to see her singing this.. ( I mean that in a most respectful way)

Yeah, I would kick that bass players ass if I were you.. You shouldn't have to lift a thing anymore! :D

I think everyone else covered all the bases,

That sounds great for two mics, and as already stated, I couldn't do it sober, great musicianship and recording. I would pay a hangover for it any day.:D

Back