The Dark Arts Project (so this is where I post it!)

g0dmoney

Well... I'm gonna step up and do something I've never done. I'm gonna let people hear a song I've written and performed all by myself. Let me know what you all think. It's a little repetitive, but that's kinda what I was going for... plus I'm lazy as hell when it comes to programming drum tracks.

This song is called stretch and it's a piece I'm working on for my "solo" project. (Meaning I'm between bands at the moment, lol.) Also, if anyone has any tips on the recording itself, that would be nice as well... I'm not the guru that most of you guys are. I plan on getting a real drummer out on this bad boy once I get done writing all the material. It may even turn into a band if I'm satisfied with the results. Thanks in advance.

james cearnal - stretch

you hold me under so i can't breathe
wake me in a way that steals the day
all of mine and all of yours
has helped the sane to lead the way (up)

if i would have met you i'd have made you see

take it don't leave it cause you're wrong
this is the context of my song
fake it you're nothing in my eyes
believe the same things you'll die

help me help me think
i don't wanna even see your face
save me from your grace
i believe i wanna be down

hold fast the water that takes my life
it's one and the same policed with hate
all of mine and all of yours
has helped the sane to lead the way (up)

if i would have met you i'd have made you see

help me help me think
i don't wanna even see your face
save me from your grace
i believe i wanna be down

stretch

*didn't realize this mixing clinic forum was here, sorry for the double post*

Took forever to load - you might want to check out some of the free hosting services like NoWhereRadio.com

Lots of performance energy here, especially in the guitars, bass and vocals. The drum part would be more complimentary if it had more complexity but that can wait until you get a drummer. The drums are mixed pretty bright, almost shrill, kind of tiring on the ears.

Good song, worthy of development.

Sounds like a cool song. I agree with Phyl on the drum sound, but know how it is when there is no real drummer around. Drum rythum actually fits the song pretty good, so good job in programming.

All in all, very cool tune that I'd like to hear more as it develops.
Ed

thanks a lot for the input guys.. yeah the drums are too bright i know what you mean.. i really need some better samples, if any of you guys have some i'd love to try em out.

Back