The Cure cover remix

Laynestaley

Newbie Shmewbie
I posted this one before but some of you told me the major issues. So I retracked some guitar parts and remixed the whole thing all over.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (thanks to those who helped). I like to stay pretty close to the original. Too bad my voice isn't quite up to it..

'Lovesong' by the Cure (#4 from the top down)

http://users.skynet.be/fa260404/Koen/

Except for the drums, the beds sound pretty decent! (The drums sound stiff and somewhat lifeless - drum machine, eh!)

Didn't care for the vocals, though...... tell you what, I can do a pretty fair Robert Smith vocal, just as a lark, if you're interested - I can lay some vox down if you shoot me the backing tracks.......

Thanks for listening Bear,
yeah the drums were made in Fruity Loops and I know the vocals aren't all that great, especially when you're expecting Robert Smith to come in.... :)
I'll send you to song, I'm sure you'll do a better job then me. :D I take it you do not need the seperate tracks? Is an mp3 ok or does it have to be wav.?

btw, I'm getting to see The Cure in two weeks at the Werchter festival!!!

Laynestaley said:
Thanks for listening Bear,
yeah the drums were made in Fruity Loops and I know the vocals aren't all that great, especially when you're expecting Robert Smith to come in.... :)
I'll send you to song, I'm sure you'll do a better job then me. :D I take it you do not need the seperate tracks? Is an mp3 ok or does it have to be wav.?

btw, I'm getting to see The Cure in two weeks at the Werchter festival!!!
Cool! Send me an email --> bluebearsound@sympatico.ca

I think your voice sounds great in this one.
Not like Robert Smith but a different character.
If I would like to hear Robert I would simply play the CD. ( Desintegration #4)

Back