The complete guide to VSampler 3

f. lai

Well? Give it to me. How well does it handle Gigastudio samples? Has anyone here messed with version 3? Do tell!

Forget VSampler - get kompakt or kontakt;) You will never need another synth/sampler with Sonar:)

Forget about Kompakt/Kontakt. Use VSampler 3! :D

BluesMeister wrote a perfect tutorial on how about using SoundFonts with VSampler 3. Maybe you can learn something there. You'll find it here! :)

moskus said:
Forget about Kompakt/Kontakt. Use VSampler 3! :D

BluesMeister wrote a perfect tutorial on how about using SoundFonts with VSampler 3. Maybe you can learn something there. You'll find it here! :)

Yeah, no problem. But its the sound samples that are so amazing with kompakt/kpontakt. And the fact that that it can import just about any synth file format...incl. S/fonts. I used VSAmpler 2 and it is a great tool. But not as good as Kontakt/kompakt imho.

Paul

VSampler 3 will import Giga samples, SFs, Akai samples and a whole host of other formats. It also can disk-stream large samples a la Giga.

I haven't tried Kompakt, I don't know if there's a demo version available.

The demo version of VS3 is fully functional apart from the Save facility being disabled.

My shiny new HS2004XL (when it arrives on my doorstep) includes Dyad DXi which can load SFs. I know nought of this program, but I will report in due course.

--
BluesMeister

I want a list of samples that come with the Cakewalk version of VS3.If they are mostly demo type "non-useable"samples or the real deal.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ey up Smiffy!

I heard on the news this evening that the Rugby's governing body were hoping to sell 1.8M tickets to the Rugby World Cup (touted as the third biggest sporting event in the world). So far they've sold 1.6M, give or take a couple of dozen. None of the games are sell-outs though.

Will you be coming over to barrack for England?

I sense a major upset in the offing... I very much doubt that the Aussies will be taking home the trophy again. :(

What are the bundled samples with Kompact?

I got some really neat Gigas with my GigaSampler LE (GSLE was bundled with my Terratec sound card):

GM500 MegaPiano
Analogue Filter Sawtooth
Analogue Filter Square
Big Fish Audio Garfield Clemente Kit (drum kit)
bs Dirty Funk Slap Bass
Doogie DX7 (electric piano)
dr VR Drums Giga Funk (drum kit)
Filter Bass
pe Rhodes Slow (electric piano)
Rickenbacker Classic Bass

I haven't seriously tried the Giga samples with VS3 yet, I wanted to wait until my new system was up and running - which of course is now - before trying them. Time to give it a burl I think.

--
BluesMeister

I got some really neat Gigas with my GigaSampler LE (GSLE was bundled with my Terratec sound card):
GSLE is'nt compatable with XP and is their "old"version.I had to upgrade to Gigastudio when I went to XP.
I've imported Giga files flawlessly into Kompakt.Let us know how this works in VS3.

THANKS!

Paul881 said:
But its the sound samples that are so amazing with kompakt/kpontakt.
You know that the sound isn't sample-player dependant? :D

That was back in the days of Gigasampler. ;)

moskus said:
You know that the sound isn't sample-player dependant? :D

That was back in the days of Gigasampler. ;)

Yep, I do know:rolleyes: What I am saying is that the major price of kontakt is the "free" samples that ship with it.;) Actually, I think kompakt may have better samples:(

Bluesey, I can't wait for the Rugby world cup, its gonna be great. But never write off the ozzies, they have a killer instinct.

BTW, I was in Manchester the other week. You wouldn't recognise the place. All cafes and posh restaraunts. And rain, not forgetting the rain:D

Re: more of VS3 and Kompakt!

mace said:
There's more info abour VS in www.vsampler3.com
Yes, it would be nice to know what samples are there
included in Sonar 3!

Have to admit that Kompakt looks very attractive
and soundlist looks very sweet at least in paper

http://www.native-instruments.de/index.php?kompaktlibrary_us

But I may be little greedy for samples. I mean, do I really
need samples because I have gigastudio an about 30 Gb
samples for It!!!

kontakt & kompakt can both import and "play" giga files:) And they are both Dxi, so no integration issues as there are with Gigastudio.

acidrock said:
I've imported Giga files flawlessly into Kompakt. Let us know how this works in VS3.
Acidrock,

I wish I had good news for you.

Last night I tried loading VS3 into HS2002 but it crashed. This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem with HS2002 and VS3 as a DXi - I even posted a bug report on VS3's Bug Report Forum. It may be my OS that's at fault, Win98SE.

When I get my copy of HS2004XL I'll try loading VS3 again as a DXi.

As a standalone, VS3 inports the Giga samples without any problems. The trouble is, I don't have an external MIDI keyboard...

Paul

I was in the UK in November last year for two weeks. It was cold, but the sun shone for most of the time I was there. I only went into the city on one occasion, with my Mother. It certainly has changed in the 28 years I've been away. :)

--
BluesMeister

Hey Paul,

I just asked SWMBO and as far as we know, yes. We'll be visiting the UK & Republic of Ireland probably around July.

I'll PM you with more details as and when they come to hand.

--
BluesMeister

Back