The Climb

That's much better. It still pumps in parts a bit, but it's not nearly as distracting. I think the levels sound fine, minus the climax end - they could come up some. There are still some issues with sibilance here and there. When there is that much reverb on the track it really calls out the ssss, so you gotta be careful.

One final thing. I think in the future you need to make sure you hold onto some of your words. During the quieter parts, there's a word or two that you kind of say almost under your breath, and I can't make out what it was. It almost leaves a gap in the music. One instance: 0:58, the word "battle" gets lost quick. Just something to keep an ear out for. I'm not a professional, just my opinion. If I'm off, I hope someone chimes in and tells me to shut up and figure out what I'm talking about:rolleyes:

I know mixing isn't the easiest thing. I know I struggle with that part of the process too.

Thanks a lot for listening and the feedback! :D

Here's the mix as it is now: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8362935

I lowered the main vocal volume just a tad and increased the climax vocals.

The de-esser is on the vocal track, so I'm not sure why it's not taking care of the rest of the sibilance.

Vocals

Hi JonPaulP

I love the arrangement of this tune here. Much preferred to the pop version :)

IMHO The vox need to come up, especially in the latter half of the song. In the beginning when you just have the light strings, they sound okay but as the song builds, I think they get more and more lost. I think the vocal track itself sounds great as well as the rest of the tune. You have a great voice.

Just my two cents..

Hi JonPaulP

I love the arrangement of this tune here. Much preferred to the pop version :)

IMHO The vox need to come up, especially in the latter half of the song. In the beginning when you just have the light strings, they sound okay but as the song builds, I think they get more and more lost. I think the vocal track itself sounds great as well as the rest of the tune. You have a great voice.

Just my two cents..

Thanks a lot spartacus! I seperated the first verse from the rest of the song and adjusted the volume levels. Let me know if it's ok now. Thanks again!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8362935

Back