The Celebrity Obituary Thread

wonder what the reason was, he was touring, hospitalized- serious condition, then dead.
first guess was prostrate cancer, as its often too late once its found. It doesnt matter really.....

Jimmy Buffet kind of a fun musician, none of the serious stuff, drunk songs....wasted away in margaritaville...RIP
76....thats about average

Life expectancy for white Americans (76.4 years) Harvard Health (google)

Last edited:
R.I.P. Jimmy Buffet

Though I never cared for his music, I'll miss him being around. Another brick in the wall has fallen. He seemed very popular and did parlay his niche into quite an empire.

yeah we were thinking the same, just a "normal dude with a guitar" and somehow made it , somehow went platinum a few times and had some empire....
but all we knew were the few big hits that became survivor songs of decades?

We are all next. Hats off to the lot of ya. You are all great in your own way. Although I may be a curmudgeon and lie all the time, I will miss you when
you're gone. When you find no more posts of mine, I will be gone. My music will live on through you and all others who have listened. Thank You.

wonder what the reason was, he was touring, hospitalized- serious condition, then dead.
first guess was prostrate cancer, as its often too late once its found. It doesnt matter really.....

Jimmy Buffet kind of a fun musician, none of the serious stuff, drunk songs....wasted away in margaritaville...RIP
76....thats about average

Life expectancy for white Americans (76.4 years) Harvard Health (google)
Around 20-ish years ago I was watching a musical group in the lounge of an area resort hotel when he came through the front door - he wasn't using a cane but he was walking with a stiff, labored gait. I don't know if it was a temporary or chronic condition.

not the dream weaver? gary wright

C#m B A
though the dawn may be coming soon
C#m B A
there still may be some time
E B A
fly me away to the bright side of the moon
E B A
and meet me on the other side

'6 days ago — India's landing on the dark side of the moon is cheered'
-just in time too

Last edited:
Quite a few leaving at ages 87-89. That gives the rest of us a couple hours.
Speak for yourself you old curmudgeon. I can see the loonytoon now. I get the studio shed done. I walk in and close the door, instead of the building falling down I bite the dust.

It is going to be a sad day when Willy leaves. I have not heard anything on Carters condition for quite awhile. I am not going to google it either.

Speak for yourself you old curmudgeon. I can see the loonytoon now. I get the studio shed done. I walk in and close the door, instead of the building falling down I bite the dust.
You'll get that shed up. Then after you install that stove, lightning will strike the stovepipe and arc over to your *** and you'll be the first person ever to be electrocuted by a wood stove.

You'll get that shed up. Then after you install that stove, lightning will strike the stovepipe and arc over to your *** and you'll be the first person ever to be electrocuted by a wood stove.
I am also putting in a Propane heater.

Back