The Cashmere - Take Me Home (Single) ... Need some reviews please!

Lovin' them vocals, dude. She has a great texture to her voice. The longer I listen to this, the more I think there's something off. The reverb on her vocals is pretty thick, and the guitars seem a lot more dry. Almost to the point where the two aren't in the same space, and with such a sparse recording, it should be pretty easy to get them to gel a bit more. I'd either tweak the reverb on the vocals to match that of the guitars a bit more, or the other way around. I think I'd like to hear it a bit dryer, but that's my personal taste.

Thanks for sharing!

I like her voice. Sounds like you have a bit too much high end on the vocal verb though, you should damp that a little or maybe put a de-esser before the vocal verb. I agree with the previous poster about the "gelling".

I agree with the above. I think the guitar sound is great, and the vocal performance is great but has too much top end and reverb on it. I think the EQ is the main culprit, or maybe you've used an exciter on the vocal? It's sounds most obvious on the "take me home" lines, where the vocal has a more breathy sound.

Overall it's lovely song though, good work.

Agreed... too much top end on the vocals, sounds really hissy and sybillant. It being a youtube video, the audio compression won't have helped either with so much top-end.
The acoustic guitar has got too much top in it too, but not to the same extent as the vocal

Echoing what has already been said, but The room on the vocals needs to be taken way down. I would say, with the style of this song, any reverb is going to hurt it. This would benefit from close intimate vocals. If you absolutely insist, I would only put enough room to where it's barely noticeable or at least sounds like she's sitting at the end of your bed singing to you, not in the bathroom. ;)

Agree with the EQ of the vox too. Too much high end. Roll it back a bit and you'll lose a little bit of the harsh S's and T's too.

Hi. The talent is undeniable.

I won't dogpile on the EQ stuff, but if I could make a suggestion, it would be to add some really quiet percussion...like a shaker or a tamborine mixed really low. The song has a definite toe tap quality to it that just needs to be brought out a little. And I cannot stress this enough...it does NOT need to be much.

I'm not crazy about the acoustic sound, but it sort of works in an almost Jack Johnson kind of way.

Nice tune

Back