"The Bourne Legacy" Theme - With Drums

XeroTalent

Here's my percussion arrangement added to The Piano Guys' version of "The Bourne Legacy" theme.

It took what felt like forever to get a solid take with mistakes I'm willing to live with.

VIDEO: Gamberg Vs Bourne - Bourne Legacy Theme (With Drums) - YouTube

MP3: Download it for FREE on my SoundCloud page:
The Bourne Legacy Theme - With Drums (FREE DOWNLOAD) by Xero Talent on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I'm keen for any feedback on the mix, any recording tips, etc. (I'm still not happy with my kick sound at all.)

Thanks!

Love to get some advice on how to get the kick to sound better.

For reference, I'm using a relatively crappy CAD KD212 kick mic, about 2" away from where the beater strikes, inside the kick with no resonant head. If you can suggest a better mic'ing strategy, maybe that would also help. I've tried it with the reso head on (no port) and you could barely hear it, even when that track was soloed.

Very nice Xero.. great playing..
I would suggest triggering the kick.. if not, save up for a better kick Mic(ex: SHURE Beta 52). Its really worth it.
I also prefer to use the resonante head pretty much cranked up which gives a nice punchy sound! Make a 5 inch hole in the resonante head and try the Mic at the hole. experimentation! ;)

cheers

Hmm I'll have to look into how to trigger from Reaper.

I will try putting the reso back on. I've got a 4" mic port in the reso already, so I'll try to crank it and try again. How do you have the kick batter tuned, also cranked?

Thanks for checking it out!

Back