The Best View In The Room

Sounds good. Nice acoustic sound and nice leccy guitar..
I'd leave the vox as single track with some backing bits/harmonies etc..
rather than doubled (if thats what I'm hearing).
Drums are very programmed sounding though..

All in all.. I liked! Catchy choon!

Sounds great
but i'm not sure about the voices, they doesn't really fit in the song.
especially the guitars are great!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hear exactly what you’re saying about the vocals. After a few days of listening, my own feeling is that the double tracking works over the choruses but not the verses. Also, There’s too much low end, though I think I could probably fix this with a little EQ.

More feedback appreciated. Anyone care enough to try mixing it?

Sounds good. I'll WinRAR it up when I get home tonight. In the meantime, keep the feedback coming. Arrangement? Song quality? Performance?

Just trying to improve all the time.

Sounds pretty good. I like the way it builds towards the end.

The drums (especially the snare) sound pretty quiet and subdued. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not?

You've got about 7 seconds of dead air at the end.

Good harmonies too. They're subtle.

Nice song.
The drums are too quiet for my tastes.
Very nice vocals, they sound kind of coldplay-ish and with that regards dont really fit with the guitars, but once again thats just peronsal opinion.

Overall, good lyrics, good song, good mix with room for improvement.:)

Mike

The tremelo on the e-guitar is stunning....the acoustic also sounds nice.
I love the instrumental break/guitar solo, very original.
I think i'm hearing some straining in the vocals, maybe a different key would help?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hear exactly what you’re saying about the vocals. After a few days of listening, my own feeling is that the double tracking works over the choruses but not the verses. Also, There’s too much low end, though I think I could probably fix this with a little EQ.

More feedback appreciated. Anyone care enough to try mixing it?

Sure, PM me a link to the files...

Thank you all.

All excellent feedback that just confirms the suspicions I've had about the whole song.

My feelings are:

The mix is quite boomy - most probably as a result of mixing on headphones (I really want some monitors!)
The vocal doubletracking doesn't really work, and I’m really not happy with the vocal performance either.
The drum sound is weak, and the whole thing a bit boring. This is a result of using a brush beat rather than a decent stick sound.
The arrangement needs a little work too. Some quiet break just before the solo at the end maybe.

I'm absolutely sick of the whole thing at the moment, so I’m gonna take a break for a few days before I start retracking and rearranging.

Let me know if you have any other input.

Sure, PM me a link to the files...

Thank you all.

All excellent feedback that just confirms the suspicions I've had about the whole song.

My feelings are:

The mix is quite boomy - most probably as a result of mixing on headphones (I really want some monitors!)
The vocal doubletracking doesn't really work, and I’m really not happy with the vocal performance either.
The drum sound is weak, and the whole thing a bit boring. This is a result of using a brush beat rather than a decent stick sound.
The arrangement needs a little work too. Some quiet break just before the solo at the end maybe.

I'm absolutely sick of the whole thing at the moment, so I’m gonna take a break for a few days before I start retracking and rearranging.

Let me give it a shot. I am itching to mix someone else besides me, and I love a challenge. It sounds like something right up my alley.

Alright. Sounds good.

What's the best way of doing this? Do I just package up the untreated files? How do I get them to line up so they import in the right spots?

Cheers

Matt

The song's really good.well written and performed. I like the way the vocals sound..a Roger waters quality to them. Tremolo guitar sounds awesome. I think with a little brightening in the mix, this will be top shelf.

Thank you all.

My feelings are:

I agree with the bass, drums double vocals on the verse comments. Real Steely Dan vocal style... This is a gem - a remix will help...:D

The song's really good.well written and performed. I like the way the vocals sound..a Roger waters quality to them. Tremolo guitar sounds awesome. I think with a little brightening in the mix, this will be top shelf.

Absolutely agreed, the moment this started with that electric and the vocals, it gave that sense of the wall album hearing roger waters come through.

As everyone else pointed out drums are a bit weak but seriously other than that i really like it. I kinda like the point where your voice reaches its highest note it gives it that raw emotion, if you know what i mean :o

I agree with riff that the whole thing primarily needs to be brightened up a bit. It sounds somewhat dull mix-wise. I do think that the performance and tracking sound like they are top-notch :). This could easily, I think, be very, very good.

Back