The BEST use of Autotune

Before clicking I was thinking "But I thought autotune the news was the best use"... :p

The install CD works fine for leveling the short leg on my card table. Other than that, I see no use for it.

G.

It's funny that they can make something sound "musical" (I say that with caution) that had no intentions of being "musical".

What does that say for today's autotuned artists? It used to be a requirement to be able to sing in tune if you wanted to make a good record.

and I didnt think the "watch this, your gonna love my nuts!" clip could have gotten any better... autotune comes through once again!

It's funny to me that people who focus so much on the post production end of music can't appreciate autotune as an effect. I agree it speaks to a singer's skill level if they have to rely on it entirely, but I'm surprised at how strongly some react....quick to totally pan it in every application. You've never heard an autotuned track you liked? I'm surprised....

It was nice and fresh when Eiffel21 did it back in the 90's, but right now when I hear it, I get an allergic reaction to it.

You've never heard an autotuned track you liked? I'm surprised....

Since you asked, no, I don't think so.

I know what you're saying about its use as an "effect", but come on man... talk about abuse. To me at least, it's just become this horribly kitschy thing that is impossible to take seriously. It's like that overused "in joke" when a movie like Austin Powers comes out, and everybody's walking around going "Smashing baabay!". You can only hear it so many times before you want to start ripping peoples' lips off.

Back