The best synth to create dance?

Doppelganger

This question has nothing to do with reconrding.I'm a musician and I've composed dance tracks with computer (Fast Tracker II) and now I would like to know what really is the BEST system to create dance music with?
I was thinking about Roland XP-60...bad choice?Does anyone know what the professional dance artists use to compose music (eg. E-type, La Cream etc.) ???
I would be grateful for some answers! :)

hey if you dont want spend alot get a Roland JX-305 groove synth im getting one in a couple weeks, other than that check out every synth and keyboard you can....

I have to admit that right now I'm bouncing between JX-305 and Quasimidi's Raven and Sirius.Any opinions about them?I have a strong CPU and I'm planning on getting some programs, maybe like Rebirth and Recycle...and maybe I'll check that Fruity Loops out too! =) I'll also check out the Novation Bass Station as was suggested...thanks for now..!I wouldn't mind having more opinions though (eg. JX-305 vs. Raven vs. Sirius) or something!Once again thanx!

REbirth from Steinberg is tha bomb. I hate dance music in general but I cant keep my hands off of those TR-808 replicants.

Hey Dance music guy, I do dance music too, and have tried many synths,first off are u going to be doing this computer based? if so then I highly recommend fruity loops pro, it has a dope ts-404 synth built in and the company has some of the best support i have seen to date, along with CONSTANT UPDATES/PLUGGINS, pro version is 70 bucks to register, regular version is 35.00. if your not cpu based then I recommend "novation" bass station. remember these are just my suggestions, take everyone's and make the best decision for you. peace!

I must admit I truly love my Novation Bass Station, but it is a little limited. Sadly, I haven't found one cure all synth that is perfect for dance music.

But the search continues....the Q is cool and so is the JP-8000. Personally I really like the SuperNova by Novation. Its just a powerhouse of sound.

-- Matt

fruity loops is THE coolest softwre thngie to come around in a long time (been out for a while though) I actually havnt posted to the bbs in about three months due to my new addiction to FRUIT it is so easy to use and yet still allows you to do just about everything you can think of I just downloaded almost the entire ftp of samplenet's one shots just to play with more sounds
Does anyone else use Fruity here and is there a chance of a Fruity forum dragon?

Easy, don't record dance music
hahahaha.
Electronic music isn't any good anyways, everyone knows that. So don't bother. Get some real musicians that know how to play something other than keyboard and go at it.

Back