Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ball-busting

• mildly irritating

• Total voters

Simes

Hey kids,
New tune off the block - not looking for page hits...looking for feedback!

I make my living outside of the music world and therefore don't rely on stats/hits to make my world go 'round. I'm simply interested in making my music better!
The new beast can be found at http://mp3.com/ulcerate - it's the first tune in the list, "Bitter/Direct" & can be dowloaded or streamed in mp3 format.

The story/gear behind the recording is thus:

A few beatz and sound samples combined to provide the spark then two guitar tracks. One is my Epi Les Paul through a custom POD setting - primarily the Delay/Swell effect used. The second guitar track is also thru the POD using another custom setting using the Rotary effect, basically doubling the same part. The two were then blended.

The bass line is all-encompassing. After a few punters complained about not hearing my bassline on my last track I posted here, they sure as hell will hear this one.
Being a huge Laswell fan, I wanted to shake a few foundations and based on my neighbours complaints tonight that his windows were rattling, I think I got what I wanted.

Biggest change in styles for me is the enhanced attention to vocal delivery and layering. Used a favourite trick of mine of "call & response" vocals in the verse...you'll get the meaning. The "response" vocal is fed through a filter to simulate the sound of singing thru a telephone. It's been used all over before, but I dig it.

Percussion wise - it's basically samples which I've blended/mutated. A mix of electronic based kits and some treated acoustic stuff from various sources.

The gear: Epi Les Paul, Hartke 5-string bass, POD v2.0 guitar unit, Bass POD, Behringer Eurorack mixer (little 4/6 channel gem!), Rode NT-1 mic, SB Live soundcard, Cool Edit Pro 1.2 software and Waves & Hyperprism DX plugins.

That's about it kids....bang away!
Simon
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulcerate - alternative/industrial music to inspire and conspire
http://mp3.com/ulcerate - streaming & downloadable mp3 evidence
MP3.com featured artist in Alternative, Industrial and Industrial Rock.

Back