The Anti Anthem

Roktuk

God Bless The Apocalypse
http://www.nowhereradio.com/Roktuk/singles

On my shiny new NoWhereRadio page...ooohh...aaahh...
NoWhere's pretty cool, I just uploaded the song 'n thought I'd have to wait a week. Nope, soon as it's upped, it's up. Cool.

Well this is the product of Layla Nahar's exercise/experiment in the songwriting thread where you write a song a week. This is what I came up with. Warning, the lo-fi stream sounds pretty bad. Let 'er rip.

Hey this is pretty cool. Reminds me of Zappa on his Ship Arriving album. The arrangement is good, well constructed. I liked it

Now that's interesting

I agree, very Zappa-esque. Nicely done--although i don't recommend listening to it early in the morning :D

man, that's great arranged stuff, even if it's hi-range cutted;
I'd like to hear some vocals on that.
again, great piece of music!

very cool. I like the tones on the bass, low end occasionaly washed a bit. Guitar had a fat tone and held its own well except for a few areas where i felt the synth was a bit too strong especially in the beginning and the last movement. Drums were good, kick and snare were a bit mid starved givin the canned sound. Very good arrangement. Made me think of Lavitz and Morse cuttin up.

Thanks Guys

Yeah, I don't know crap about mixing and mastering. Got a bunch of plugins and essentially no clue how to use 'em. :eek: All the drums have a big notch in 'em. Nothing there. But I can't give up those octobans! So, I'll suffer till I find something better.

Man that's nice,

Imediately reminded me of Jethro Tull's Roots to Branches album, minus the flute.

You are a very talented dude, dude!!

GT

Wow, this reminds me of some Dream Theatre or Liquid Tension Experiment. Are the drums tracked or are they samples? Sweet keyboards and guitars.

Back