The Alesis SR-16, Addictive Drums, and Reaper

Screamworks

I apologize if this topic has been covered in depth on this forum; I did a search and couldn't find anything and Google was no help either.

To make a long story short, I suck at MIDI. I've been toying with it for years and still really don't understand what the hell it is, but anyway....I really dislike creating drum tracks in Reaper's MIDI editor. Even with a MIDI keyboard it is too time-consuming and tedious and is holding me back creatively. Several years ago I used the SR-16 to program drums and I absolutely loved it. I could compose an entire drum track, fills and all, in an incredibly short amount of time.

So my question is, and please forgive me if I use the wrong terminology: Can the SR-16 be synced with Addictive Drums, and is mapping relatively straightforward? That is, can I compose a drum track on the SR-16, play it through Addictive Drums (with the SR-16 pads mapped to the corresponding drums in AD), and record the track in Reaper?

Any advice would be a godsend. I've been struggling with this for quite a while.

EDIT: I am using a desktop PC and a Saffire 6 interface if that matters.

It should work, though I'm not sure what you'll have to do to map the notes. I could probably RTFM for you, but not today.

Back