The 99¢ K-Micro condenser mic. Yep, 99 cents.

WillyDavidK said:
Seems kinda dumb to me, I guess you could buy a big lot of these and use them for security monitoring, line the walls with 'em. That's the only real practical purpose I can think of. Who's actually going to buy a 1 dollar mic and willingly record with it?? Maybe if they sent 'em out and stocked in say a local guitar center I'd just grab them with the spare change I had after breaking a .. five, and play with them. But for all practical purposes they seem pretty useless.

IMO, how can you knock 'em before you try them? That seems kinda dumb to me.

Who knows, these might have a use in the studio. Stranger things have happened.

its just a advertisement, I dont see a product description or anywhere to order . shit I would buy 2
I think i might be able to afford the risk.
Its better then buying a $250 mic that sounds like shit.
I bought a peavey for $40 and brought it back 20 mins later.

warble said:
IMO, how can you knock 'em before you try them? That seems kinda dumb to me.

Who knows, these might have a use in the studio. Stranger things have happened.

exactly. hell i've used a $2 pc mic to mic a guitar amp and was fairly happy with the results. bottom line, you won't know until you try. at $1 a mic, where's the risk?

guitar junkie said:
ya know with a little Behringer mixer or even just a Mic Pre one of those would go great with my laptop for field recording!

i want a pair! for $5 do they sell matched pairs?

that would be a good use. i took my mk012's outside not long ago and moisture built up on the capsules really quick. i even had some of those little foam wind screens covering the entire capsule. i had to dry them out under a lamp over night. a couple of little cheapies would be ideal for something like this.

I want to buy sum,. I wanted 2 but im going for 5 now. big spender
Only problem there only advertising theres no specs for .99 mic there cheapest mic is 149.
I try clicking on the dealers and I get a blank screen
I want to order

At this rate, gas stations will have home recording isles by 2050. Well they might not be "gas" stations, but we'll still probably call them that.

A 99c mic would be a good thing where "survivability" was an issue...

I've always wanted to know what a fireworks fuse sounded like close-up at the instant of detonation.

I'll have to remember to use a very fast limter with that.

Tim

Last edited:
The Karma Audio dealer locater doesn't work...anyone know if they're available at a place like SamAsh or Guitar Center?

Some specs. 50kh to 13k.
Still think they may be ok for toms.
index.jpg

50-13 seems pretty crumby. :D where's the audio samples? also "first 1000 $0.99 each after that $5.00 each". i think we could roll our own for $5.

Good news and bad news..................

The bad news.
No more $.99 mics left and they are sold out. New shipment should be Sep 1.

The good news.
New shipment will have a better freq response and a higher SPL.
But they will be $5.00 each. :mad:

I just ordered 6 of them. :D :D :D (The new batch)

Back