Thank you Harvey!

DougD

That MXL 603s is just the ticket. So tell me, why did I pay twice as much for C1000s that sound half as good.

There must be something to that old "you pay more for the name" thing.

Thanks again for helping us out around here.

-Doug

Doug, what are you using it on and could u please post some samples....ive heard this mic before on drum overheads and acoustic guitar......

Hey Doug. I was about to get a C1000s but then I heard good things about the 603. Now I am thinking I will get something else. What differences did you notice between the two? And like Gidge said "What are you using it on?" :)

I am using for overheads on drums, acoustic stringed instruments (guitar, mandolin, etc.) and hope to try on piano soon.

The main difference with the c1000 is the high end. The c1000 seems less "open" or more "pinched" and grating on the high end. Also, the pickup pattern is much wider with the 603 (I could hear more of the room right off!) so you have to be careful about that, but that can be an advantage when you want to use something close to an omni but still slightly more directional.. it's a cool mic no doubt...

Someday soon I will try to do a head to head shootout between the two. Where could I post some samples?

-Doug

here in the mic forum is the perfect place for a shootout or mic example mp3's.....

Back