terratec: how is their support / customer service?

Veej007

i'm liking the dmx6 fire... but when i went to the terratec web site, i couldn't find the manual in english.

is this a bad sign?

anyone have experience with this card or any other terratec products? do they work well / are they widely compatible / etc? i've got a 667mhz p3, w2000.

also, how can i find out which chipsets the card is compatible with, and how do i check my computer to see which one i have?

thanks.

Veej007 said:
i'm liking the dmx6 fire... but when i went to the terratec web site, i couldn't find the manual in english.

I found the DMX 6Fire Manual in English without too much bother. :)
anyone have experience with this card or any other terratec products? do they work well / are they widely compatible / etc? i've got a 667mhz p3, w2000.
I have an EWX24/96. It works well, it's compatible and I used it with a now-superseded Celeron 466 128MB RAM with no ill-effects. I now have a P4 2.4GHz and it still continues to work well.

So far as chipsets are concerned, the VIA chipset used to be problematic with DAWs. I don't know if this is still the case. You may have to Google and see what transpires. You could probably search the HomeReccers BB and get answers.

I have only contacted Terratec's Customer Support (in Germany) on two occasions. The first occasion I dealt with someone named Stacey Curtis who seemed to know his/her stuff.

Second time I dealt with Christoph Weems for whom English was a second language. Though my questions were answered on both occasions, I was unhappy with the answers.

My questions basically involved GigaSampler LE and what it could and couldn't do. Other than that, I've no issues with the card. It is important though to regularly check for Driver updates.

--
BluesMeister

Back