terratec ewx24/96 or dmx6fire or?

Beat MazTer

will only have a yamaha motif7 and a mic pluged into my card,but i need studio quality sound which is the best sound card for this.when i comes to soundcards i am not on a budget but i dont want to buy something with 100 connections that i dont need.what is some recomendations?.

Beat MazTer,

I have a Terratec EWX24/96 and have had no major issues with it.

The DMX 6Fire uses the same drivers and control panel as the EWX, and probably you would be hard pressed to discern any audible difference between the two. The advantage that the DMX has over the EWX is the front-mounted breakout box. The DMX can take a daughterboard with wavetable synthesis. I believe there is a Yamaha card that will fit the bill, so to speak.

The Echo MiaMIDI is worthy of serious consideration, it has the best S/N ratio of the audio cards in this price-range.

Another worthy contender is the Audiophile 2496. This particular card has a huge user-base, so any problems you may encounter could more likely be solved on this BB.

You may wish to investigate Terratec's new Phase 28 24/192 audiocard, although the 8 ins may be overkill for your particular needs.

Ultimately price, bundled software package and quality of drivers will be the deciding factor. I chose the Terratec over the Mia due to the bundled software package, and problems with the Mia's early-release drivers.

Ironically, I no longer use any of the bundled software. :) So in my case, were I to make the choice again, the Echo MiaMIDI would be my firm recommendation because I am unlikely to require multi ins and outs.

--
BluesMeister

Back