Temporary Mixer?

pianoman1976

Hello Friends,

I'm about to have my first computer based home studio. I'm about 2 months away from being able to afford everything. Right now I have a live performance set up - my piano controller and sound module running into an Alesis Studio 32 mixer, then off to the PA. The Alesis mixer has died and repair is not an option.

I need some way to route my keyboard and module (4 channels) to my PA temporarily so that I can continue to practice. Once I have my computer and interface I will not be needing a mixer. I'm confused as to what to do. Maybe I should by a small cheap mixer? Spending too much money on a mixer would be a waste seeing as though I'm switching over to a DAW pretty soon, right?

Any advice and or links you could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Do you mean 2 stereo channels? The Tapco mixers are great cheap mixers. I recently bought a Tapco Blend 6 for £38. It has 2 XLR mono channels, 2 stereo channels and 2 band eq on each channel! If you don't need eq then you could look at the Behringer Micromix MX400 £15.99 or ART Powermix 1 £28.20. The Tapco would be my first choice.

Tapco Mixers

Wow, great advice. Thanks! Those Tapco mixers are great, and really cheap! What's the connection with Tapco and Greg Mackie? I thought Greg was a younger guy with a semi-new company. Was he behind Tapco all along?

Back