Tempo isn't right...

Gregwor

I imported audio tracks into Cubase, and now my voice is alot higher than normal.....I tried turning on the master button as the help says that it will go 'normal' but it doesn't help...can anyone help me out....thanks in advance. Greg.

It's not the brand new one...I recorded each track with Cool Edit Pro at 16 bit....then opened Cubase and imported the wave tracks individually....That's about it....

There is the tempo thing down by the master and click buttons.....will that do it? Is there maybe somewhere in the options somewhere that could affect this? AND out of curiosity, what is that temp supposed to be at? I tried changing it to 100.00, but it's still fast...unless I just did it to one tracK???? I'll play more, but I really need to figure this out ASAP....so any help would be wicked....thanks so much for trying guys. Greg.

OK....here's what I've found out for you guys....

From the 'about cubase' thing......VST/32 5.1 R1

I've compared this with the for real songs in my winamp, and according to the slider in cubase, cubase sees my wave files as being the correct length in seconds, it just seems to play it back faster than it should....I've read everywhere in the help and messed around with alot of stuff, but nothing seems to fix it. I've tried importing the wave files, as well as dragging them in, nothing is helping right now.......any ideas or anything would be awesome...thanks guys. Greg.

Does anybody can help here? I dont speak english very well so I'm not shure I well understand what is his problem.

___

ctrl-t command will open the Tempo Track window. When the "master" is activated, the tempo of the song is guided by the Temo Track information. if the "master" is not selected, you can simply write the tempo you want, just over the "master" button.

___

I dont understand what your trying to explain when you say that, in winamp, and in cubase, the song has the same length. If it has the same lenght, then, how could the tempo be slower???

I tried control T, and it just added tracks.....nothing to do with tempo unfortunately....

To clarify........When I move the slider in cubase to the end of the song, the length reads 4 min and 23 seconds. When I play the song or track in winamp for example, it also reads 4 min and 23 seconds. OK. So, this is telling me that cubase is 'reading' or 'playing back' the song too fast.....the seconds counter above the slider seem to be changing faster than a normal clock.....this leads me to believe that it is something to do with the tempo. I hope this helps guys. And I hope we get somewhere with this...it's really depressing me. Thanks for everything thus far. Greg.

oops!

ctrl-t ...Tempo map in SX and Nuendo..sorry :(

"When I move the slider in cubase to the end of the song, the length reads 4 min and 23 seconds. When I play the song or track in winamp for example, it also reads 4 min and 23 seconds. OK. So, this is telling me that cubase is 'reading' or 'playing back' the song too fast....."

I still dont understand WHY your telling that cubase is playing back too fast if winamp play it the same way.

I hope someone else will try to hep you cuz I still dont understand what is your problem ..maybe it's my bad, english :(

I was stating that cubase was able to see that the song is the correct length (therefore cubase isn't stretching the song at all), however, the seconds counter thing is counting too fast. In other words, the bar thing that goes across the wave form to indicate where it's playing, is moving too fast across the waves. It's nothign to do with my waves, I think it is some setting in cubase telling it to play it faster than normal. I can also relate my problem to DVD players for example.....you know when you hit 'play X2'....and it plays fine, just 2 times faster than normal......this is kinda what it's doing.........I hope I can get this figured out soon......my band needs our EP done yesterday....Thanks guys.

I'll try again..hehe

If I understand what is going on, you imported a wav in cubase, like, lets say a song on a "X" Cd on "X" band, and you expect cubase to "guess" at witch tempo this song is?

If this is what you hope, stop right here! he will never do it :|

I don't quite follow what you mean now!!!

Just like cool edit pro, for example, the program should play the wave in real time......normal seconds counting, etc. I'm not trying to get it to 'guess' on the bands tempo......just want it to play the wave back at the same time as every other program out there, like winamp, or a cd player, etc. I hope this is coming together guys. Thanks.

....or am I a moron? :)

OK...well, I'll try installing again and some other crap...keep an open head and give me some tips if you have any....as you can see I'm getting more and more depressed each time I post, but whatever....we'll figure this out eventually...thanks.....and please don't give up on me. Take care. Greg.

So I just installed a new version of SX, and the problem is gone..>I must of had a lemon program.....thanks for the help guys. Greg.

Back