Tell Me Why

Niiice acoustic sounds. Strings are a great touch. Vocals are the star of this song though, excellent and fit well throughout. Really this sounds professional to my ears, congrats on a good tune ;)

Second what others have said about this being a good song with vocals well done and everything gelling really nicely together. There's a natural smoothness to this that must only come with experience.

If you're looking for something to play around with, as far as the production goes, then I might try two things (if it were me).

1) On the ' Won't you tell me why ' part, where you're holding the ' i ' at the end, you might consider a walk up (1-3-4, 1-3-5, or something ?) vocally on the last chorus
2) The drums might contribute more to this song if there were more dramatic fills at the transitions or cymbal crashes at other key points.

Keep in mind that I am new, and the song works great (for me) as it is. So take the above with a grain of salt.

Second what others have said about this being a good song with vocals well done and everything gelling really nicely together. There's a natural smoothness to this that must only come with experience.

If you're looking for something to play around with, as far as the production goes, then I might try two things (if it were me).

1) On the ' Won't you tell me why ' part, where you're holding the ' i ' at the end, you might consider a walk up (1-3-4, 1-3-5, or something ?) vocally on the last chorus
2) The drums might contribute more to this song if there were more dramatic fills at the transitions or cymbal crashes at other key points.

Keep in mind that I am new, and the song works great (for me) as it is. So take the above with a grain of salt.

SKATEBOI

Yeah the biggest crit thus far has been on the drums and lack of "OOMPH"

I'm gonna hire the best player I can afford when i re-work a few things on the tune and address that and a few other "issues"

IT NEVER ENDS

Steve Altonian

http://www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

Back