Telefunkin

IndustrialOkie

Esoteric Order of R'lyeh
I have an ongoing internet project with a buddy in Germany called "Transatlantik". Generally he does all the synths and mixing and I do the vox and lyrics. Curious to see what you guys think: we try to do a modern take on the 80's electro/industrial we both grew up on. Thanks for listening!

Telefunken

The wave-lengths are beautiful electricty as thunder fills the air

The structure has been compromised who's running this Telefunken operation
Contracts are on the line sound moves at the speed of light
Technology in our grasp is for the taking Less the Fatherland decline

Wireless technology Telefunken

For industry and prestige

Raise the industry aloft with the furious power of sound
No hidden strings attached no wires underground
We build and improve upon the invention of Marconi
For the kaiser for the world wireless technology

Wireless technology Telefunken

Last edited:
yay your first mp3 clinic, but obviously far from your first track lol

excellent Tom...I can hear your influences for sure and you do them justice..great vocals mate and the lyrics are totally appropriate for the genre

I dont know if you want comments about the mix as you arent doing it?

well ive listened to it three times so i may as well...

i had to adjust the volume a few times until the full track came in...once to hear your vocal better than again to turn it down with the sequence kicked in..so i reckon there is some tweaking there...

I think the vocals are a bit wet at the beginning then just slightly too quiet when it all kicks in....makes it harder to hear what your singing

but the synths do sound really good and i love the melody and tune...fantastic stuff

if it were mine there would be a little more layered verb on the synths

wow, i dont know why i bothered trying a mix critique...as this is really good dude (fourth listen) :D

Thanks Kcearl!

This is an early track for us, and I was went way overboard on the vocal processing. I've tamed it down a bit on our recent stuff, but it ain't industrial w/o vox effects right? :D

Thanks again for walking me through the steps of posting here, and I will return the favor!

yeah, you gotta get those 80's gang vocals on the go :)

no favour mate...electro tribe for the win! lol

I really like this, man!
With heavy guitars on it, it would be close to Sisters of Mercy. I dig the voice and the synths are wonderfully arranged. Nice work!:)

Lol. Fucking time warp.

I think it's really good. It's very loud without sounding all fucked up. I really don't have any critiques. It's pretty dang good dude. :drunk:

I agree sounds pretty great, and its mixed well. I'd like to hear some of the other stuff too.

Um...wow. That is a pretty decent mix you got there man. Nice work.

The vocal effects are bizarre, but I kind of like 'em. The tail on the delay/verb/whatever chops off abruptly which was both distracting and sort of cool too.

There's a good solid pulsing thump to the beat and the synths seem well arranged. I would not have guessed that those lyrics, having first seen them in print, could be made to sound as musical as you have done.

I have a very limited point of reference for this sort of thing, but am pretty confident this is a solid production regardless.

Um...wow. That is a pretty decent mix you got there man. Nice work.

The vocal effects are bizarre, but I kind of like 'em. The tail on the delay/verb/whatever chops off abruptly which was both distracting and sort of cool too.

There's a good solid pulsing thump to the beat and the synths seem well arranged. I would not have guessed that those lyrics, having first seen them in print, could be made to sound as musical as you have done.

I have a very limited point of reference for this sort of thing, but am pretty confident this is a solid production regardless.

Thanks Heat;

Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but if you didn't puke a little in your mouth, i'll chalk it up as win! :D

Back