Telefunken Mic Pres

Audio_Drivel

I see various models on ebay for affordable prices, however they are usually not racked (just raw modules). I was wondering what the opinion was of these pres, and if anyone knows of an affordable place to have them racked/powered (I am not experienced in such things)?

Depending on what features you want and workmanship, it will run anywhere from 350 to 1000 to get them racked.

What modules are you looking at?

The v672? v72? Some other model?

You should beware buying modules from ebay, you dont know the condition of them, dont know if they pass signal. Some may need new x-fmers, which would drive the cost up.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns.

FWIW, the telefunken are good pres. I would not hesitate to buy and use known working pre's.

do you know where to get them already racked?? I see decent prices on ebay, the only way I would bid is if it said "working" etc, of course the buyer must beware, but i usually check people's feedback to make sure they've dealt in that type of equipment before. I just noticed that the Telefunken pres usually come up for a lot less than Neve/API other big name pres (which are also usually raw), so I thought it might be possible to find them racked for somewhat less than those other big names. .

Im not sure about specific model, I'm a bit inexperienced, what should i look for?? This one looks interesting (for example, Id have to get one that i could pay for with paypal, and Im not sure about the guy's feedback):

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1489920044

Those older ones almost always need some kind of work, new transformers, recapping, etc... I know of people that swear by them. I've heard projects done with the that sounded incredible. Never heard one personally, in person. Be careful, though, it could cost you dearly.

Back