Teddie (Smart Apple) finally gets some airplay on 98Rock in Baltimore.

Teddie

Folks, I just found out today that 98Rock (radio station in Baltimore that serves the DC Metro area (97.9FM)) will be playing my song "Which Way?" on their station this Sunday, July 16th, at 10:30PM.

I'm all excitified... How do you make that big grin face? :D

By the way, if you want to hear the song they'll be playing, it's here: http://mp3.com/smartapple

[This message has been edited by Teddie (edited 07-13-2000).]

Congratulations Teddie -- good to hear somebody getting play around here -- how did they pick up on it ............

YEAH! Totally sincere congrats, man...airplay is a huge thing......ROCK ON TEDDIE....gibs

Way to go Teddie! Congratulations! Don't forget the "little people", ok? :) Seriously though, that's great.

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before they caught on. Morning Light is the perfect follow-up single. When do the auditions start for the tour band? :D

Coda-Co, thanks. Well, I sent Matt Davis (98Rock Deejay) an email and was buggin him about something else... I think I wanted a link to my website added to 98Rock's website or something... Anyway, he emailed me back and told me to send my CD to him... a few days later, my wife calls me at work and tells me he called to let me know he was going to play "Which Way?" this Sunday and wanted to know if I wanted him to say anything about Smart Apple, like where the CD is available... I was so excited... um, still am.

gibs, thanks. I hope this does a little something-something - exposure... please more of it.

CMiller, thanks. I'm just little peeps no matter what... I'm never leaving the board.

pglewis, haha... I dunno.

Hey Teddie,

Man you must be thrilled!! I'm glad we finally delivered someone from the Home Rec neighborhood.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

ENJOY!!!

Hey Teddie... as they say in Maine: Wicked Cool!!! Ya better record it!! And have a plan for those panties when they start throwing them up on stage!! Ben

Hey Hey, What I say a while back "Just a matter of time" and that is a song title of mine too so hands off! :) Yeah your going places my friend, feel it in my old tired bones :D And so is a few more on this forum I've had the pleasure to listen to.

Like C.M. said dont forget us little people and keep the faith man!

Dave the Butcher

GT, Thanks Man!!!

drstawl, me too, thanks!

Ben Walter, panties... yeah, my wife's... hehe.

David, thanks bro... yeah, I hope so... I'm tryin' everyday... in everyway.

Ben, yup... I taped it... That was FREAKIN' cool!!! Okay, I'll post the mp3 of it when it's up. Thanks everyone for your excitement for me... I was wacky wild last night.

That good blues tune you did a while back was the only thing of yours I'd listened to until tonight - I was curious about what it takes to get played on Baltimore radio. :)

It's a good tune - the vocals are its strength, without dominating, which is a case of good, good balance. I reckon you didn't need to phase the vocals at 1:50 to 2:10, they coulda stood on their own, but if you get famous in Baltimore, I'm willing to withdraw the comment.

I liked it and thought it was good, but don't listen to anybody here - it's the second album (or cut, or play on the radio) that's tough to get through. :)

Congratulations Teddie. I think your music is really very good and deserves to be on the radio. As someone else said here, your song "Morning Light" should be the next to be put on airplay, it's a very catchy rock song in the good sense.

orlball

Contrats, Teddie. I think "Which way" is probably my favorite tune I've heard in this forum. (Don't anybody else get mad. I haven't heard them all, only some.) I love that solo, especially just at the end where it comes back into the vocals. I'm glad to see you getting some exposure. Good luck.

Jim.

Congrates Teddie, I like all the stuff I've heard from you thus far, and my little boy streams them all the time. Keep em comin'!.............Ray J

Thanks Ben... Did you really crank it at your office? or did you crank it in your home office? Either way that's coooool :) Thank you.

orlball, thanks! A lot of folks locally here in VA have been saying that about "Morning Light" as well. We'll see what happens.

JimH, thanks alot. I think Which Way is my favorite to. It was my first song I did on multitracking digitally rather than on my reel-to-reel and it's hard for me to top, personally. I just love the groove of the song and how it all came together with that one. Thanks again.

RayJ, tell you're son that he is soooo high on my list of cool-people. Thanks!

Back