Teddie doez Techno??? New MP3 - Please listen.

Teddie

Okay, folks... I did something different for the heck of it. It's a techno tune or some mutant strain of techno... I've never done techno before and I really didn't know what I was doing... So please be gentle with the flogging.

It's called "Project 0110 X-Spirit-Mental" and you can find it here: http://mp3.com/smartapple

There's some monotony, sure, but please listen through the whole thingy for the change-ups. (laughing at Teddie is authorized to the fullest).

Hehehe...sounds like some of them "core" bands around now with a little Satch mixed in...Very kewl Teddie!! :)

Hey Teddie!

I loved it. Your eclectic brand of songwriting continues to impress me.

The only criticism is that, for me, the drums sound a little "thin" and "flat" sounding. I'd like to hear a deeper, more full drum sound. I realize that this is mostly drum machine dependant, but some judicious EQ'ing might help.

Admittedly tho, I'm not the biggest expert in the "industrial sound".

Great stuff as always!

CT

Teddie,

Me likey!!

Where was this song, when I needed the extra nudge playing pinball.

As usuall, short and sweet, I keep going for the replay!!

You come up with some catchy sh--, (stuff)!!

Rockin' Machine!!! this is quite different from most of your stuff... it shows your versatility... who's voice is that??? Ben

Well you hurt mamed and killed me in the process! :D Ya ba ba ba ba Bad to the bone boy! Rock it on out!

Nice experiment, but I say stick with the Which Way?/Thunder/Morninglight/(ok, they all kick ass) songs.

Ric, thanks for listening. What's "Satch"? Satchmo Williams?

Charles, eclecticism... I try... I actually don't know why I keep jumping from genre to genre... It's funny, I told my wife I was going to try to do something different, a techno song and she said, "I didn't know you could do that..." and I said, "me either..." As far as the drums, I'm not sure, but I think the techno that I've heard, the snare's really thin... but the only techno I've really been exposed to is when I used to go to the clubs when I was younger and it was LOUD with a lot of boom boom boom... but I'm not sure if it was inherent of the music or if there was a sub-sonic bass filter thing the dj was using... Anyway, this is my last techno song... was just experimenting... was fun, but no more... probably. I'm a rocker.

GT, thanks for listening bro... Yeah, pinball... My son said he feels like he's playing one of those racing games like "Need for Speed" or something when he hears this song... I agree... good video game music I think.

Ben, thanks buddy! The voice was computer generated. I programmed an application using VisualBasic 6 that will take any text string you feed it and convert it to synth vox... I basically pull from Windows HC accesibility feature... but the cool part is that I made it so you can save that text string to a .wav file that you can import into your multitrack recording software and manipulate it as you need to for your music and stuff. I made the mistake of giving the program to my friends, so I get a lot of emails with .wavs of computer generated voices that say, "Teddie, you're an ass. haha."

David, thanks for listening man!

Kaputo, thanks for listening... Yeah, it was just an experiment for sure... Way way out of my normal spectrum, but it was fun... but techno's not my favorite thing in the world. Although, I like some of Nine Inche Nails techno type songs because they're hard (as nails?) um... but it's got a lot of guits in it, which I like. But that's about it. Thanks again for listening.

I would love to hear a lot of verb on the percussion....and I don't know why I even thought of that, but I did...maybe a spacy feeling would be cool I guess...this was fun to do, I bet......now can we have the old Teddie back?....also the Country Teddie.....mainly though, Teddie's voice and sensitive songwriter angst and optimisim back...gibs :D

gibs, I must be tired because your post cracked me up... I'm dying over here (more sleep needed badly)... Okay, here I am... the old Teddie.

You certainly put your stamp this techno song with that outburst at 0:54 or so. Overall, I thought it was good and refreshingly short for this kinda stuff.............Ray J

Heh, I wish I had a sub-woofer. You didn't skimp on the bottom. Two scoops, please. That's how those crazy kids like it these days :D.

There's a "pop" right at the end of the fist countdown (right at 0:16), and another one around 1:45-1:46 (related to the voice software, maybe?). Other than that, it was pretty clean and you even managed to incorporate that Teddie guitar feel (my favorite part, of course ;)).

Hey Teddie, Where can I get my hands on that VB app? I swear I wont call u an ass. hehe. Better yet. What Windows functions did you use in it?

[This message has been edited by Kaputo (edited 07-26-2000).]

Holy crap!
This is from the same guy who did "All I live..?" ... wow, this nothing even close to what I expected! ... :)
I don't pretend to know anything about techno music ... but I dig this in a big way. Real nice guitar playing. I wouldn't change a thing with this mix! Damn right it was successful...

[This message has been edited by BigKahuna (edited 07-24-2000).]

Sorry for not posting lately folks... I've been away on vacation down in Myrtle Beach, away from my computer to my wife's delight.

Ray J, thanks for listening... I really intentionally put that funky little solo part in there because I wanted to "stamp" it Smart Apple style... I tried not to, but I was compelled to throw some "me" in there. I like the shortness of the song, although, I've gotten alot of requests from electronica folks to extend it... so I did an interesting remix of it, extended, with funky change ups. And this is the last of electronica... I'm working on my next CD and it's basically Rock stuffarooni, although, I'm mixing it up a little again, but not straying to far from my rock roots. Maybe a little reggae... dunno.

pglewis, I've got a subwoofer and the bass is deafening... but not on the drums... it's those damn keys. I dunno if the younger crowd will like that... I think it can cause brain damage. A sub-sonic hummer. Good lord... I like it though. Regarding the pop; damn good ears you have... I think you're right... I think it's in the wav of the computer voice.... The funky little solo is my favorite part too. ThankS!

Kaputo, hehe... Thanks... Okay, I was trying to upload the app to my Smart Apple site because I was going to change the advertisements in it to reflect my Smart Apple stuff rather than my web business stuff... but you can find the vox application here at my web-dev site: http://www.tekawebdesigns.com go to the downloads section... and you'll find it along with some other silly progs I programmed to occupy people during work-hours :D

BigK, thanks man! I can't seem to focus on a genre... hehe. Glad you liked it.

Back