Teac Model 2A/MB-20 Part Needed

BeatleFred

I have been unsuccessful so far in finding the metal bracket that serves to attach the
MB-20 meter bridge to the top of the 2A mixer. If anyone has a spare for sale, please let me know. Also looking for..., dont know what the component is called but.., it connects two sliders together on the 2A so that they can be moved up or down at the same level simultaneously.

Thanks,

Fred

I think someone was actually selling the bracket on Ebay for $9.99 not that long ago, but unfortunately, Ebay's completed auctions only goes back a month or so, so I'm unable to locate the auction to contact the seller. I asked Ebay but they wont do any favors for anyone to search past the completed auctions expiration date, sigh....

Not to rain on your parade but the Model 2 is sonically not worth much. The MB 20 is a pretty decent meter as it is the only one Teac/Tascam ever made that was not frequency dependant. I have used them for both program and calibration with no problems.

The reason I asked about the metal bracket is because I bought a 2A/MB-20 on Ebay recently, and as it turns out, the seller was a bit misleading in his auction photos and in the description he wrote.

In an nutshell, not only is the bracket missing, but the wood side panels as well. I tried to dispute the matter with Paypal to try and get my money back, and I was really surprised when Paypal decided in favor of the seller. So, now I am appealing it, and hope that they reconsider. Itreally ticks me off how the seller is trying to get away with being deceptive.

I already have a few other Model 2's, so its not the end of the world, but the principle of the matter.

As for the $ value 'not being worth much': Thats ok by me, because I think it is a very well-made unit with a very clear & straightforward layout, and it matches perfectly with the A-3440. There's just something about the 2A thats very unique and cool, that I just dont feel the same about with Mackie stuff, etc, that was made years later than the 2A. So, if a 2A can be had very inexpensively, so much the better!

As for the MB-20, its ironic that Ive seen past auctions on Ebay where an individual MB-20 has sold for a higher price than an auction which has the MB-20 alreadyttached to a 2A mixer, go figure.

I was talking about how it sounds. It has mediocre specs at best. Very limited bandwdth and quite noisy. But different strokes for different folks..............

Which Teac/Tascam models would you recommend instead to go along with an A-3440?

I also have an M308, which I hope you would regard more highly than the 2A. Obviously, its a much larger board, to go along with an 8 track recorder (in my case, a 48).

Which Teac/Tascam models would you recommend instead to go along with an A-3440?

I also have an M308, which I hope you would regard more highly than the 2A. Obviously, its a much larger board, to go along with an 8 track recorder (in my case, a 48).

The 308 should be considerably better than the 2A. You seem to be under the impression that having more inputs than you have tape tracks is somehow wasteful and/or wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's quite helpful to have more board channels than tape tracks.

Last edited:
Adrian:

Check the seller's feedback record beforehand to see that all of his previous transactions were good and the buyers were satisfied. If you buy, use a credit card, so that if there's a problem, you have protection and can dispute the charge (compared to using a debit card and the money is automatically deducted from your account).

Try and speak with the seller on the phone so that he sounds normal and understands the importance of how to pack & ship a recorder properly.

If you follow these steps, it should minimize the chances of anything going wrong.

Back