Teac A-2300S

ledhed

One of my co-workers brought one of these reel-to-reel units in today and he wants to sell it. I've never had a reel-to-reel before and may buy it just because they're old and cool. Is this a regular 2-track stereo machine? If my studio is Tascam 488 analog and I usually mixdown to cassette, what could I use this for...anything besides just set it up in the corner for visual effect and playing around with? How much should I pay for this if it's in decent condition with the bearings recently replaced? Anything specific about this model I should know about?

well... if it's a friend that your gunna buy it from, try it out... get a basic mix setup on your tascam, something simple, borrow the recorder for a night, or even bring your tascam... mixdown to that and your cassette and see which is the higher quality... also count in price

I have a reel-to-reel. the teac A-3300, i think. Its buried in my closet. I had originally thought that that I would mix down to it. I decided that mixing to VHS was easier & cheaper, so I don't use it. I was trying to appraise it and found that a lot of these machines go for $100-200. I had been thinking ~$35. It will look cool in your studio though, thats what I'm saving mine for!

Back